It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: OK....
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:11 am 

I have almost completed one week on Cindy's anit-yeast diet. I did ok for the first several days, but now I am starting to crave something sweet, bread, tortillas, rice....anything and everything I'm not supposed to have!!! :mrgreen: I also have a slight headache. bleh.

I know this will be good, and I will end up feeling better and losing a few lbs. This always makes me feel better. I love the way it makes me feel so energizes! I need to do it, I need to do it, I need to do it. :roll: (trying to ignore the call of chocolate)

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

Post subject: Re: OK....
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:12 am 

Hmmmm, well, you CAN have Cacao powder mixed with Coconut Oil and a wee bit of xylitol. I stir this up and even put it in my yogurt when I want to change things up a bit. The nice thing is this is TOTALLY legal and makes you feel SO decadent. ;)

I'm doing the same thing right now. We can be buddies. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:55 pm 

Oh thanks so much for the reminder about the "chocolate"!!!!! I just happened to have all of the ingredients, and boy did I need some!

I also made a batch of hummus, boiled some eggs, browned some lean ground beef (to sprinkle in my scrambled eggs, or whatever, when I feel the need for something "stiff"). I also made a batch of taco salad meat (this is something the whole family can enjoy - I just leave off the chips and cheese). I made a large batch of gazpacho, too, as I really enjoy this in the summertime and it is so handy for a quick lunch. I sliced/cut up a bunch of veggies so I can have a quick stir-fry, or add them to salads. I just like everything being done and handy...it keeps me from wandering around the kitchen and "thinking" too much! :lol:

The second week of this diet is always the hardest, to me. How long will you stay on it, Cindy? I really need to stay on it at least 4-6 weeks, in order to really make a difference. 6 weeks is best. Then I'll occasionally add a little something here and there. Or I'll stick to it faithfully on weekdays, and allow a little cheating on the weekends.

I have found that my main culprits, though, are wheat and sugar. And those are the things I find myself craving. I've never really been a big sweet-eater, too, but I find myself wanting something sweet!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:02 pm 

Oh, and you know what I am really craving right now??? A Coke. A REAL Coke! And I never drink cokes! I may have a coke twice a year! But boy, do I ever want one right now! And I know where some are too!!! :mrgreen: (I have a secret stash where I hide a few away in the event that someone gets sick and really needs one.) But I will be good :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:40 pm 

Laura,
I'll stay on it for at least 4 weeks and see how I'm doing. I have a "yeast" rash under my bra-line again, so I know I need to do it again. I will do it until it is gone. " )

Hummus...thx for reminding me...I just started and am pulling together all my menus.
I have a HUGE batch of yogurt to get me started, but that gets old after awhile.

I hear what you say about the 2nd week. For some reason, the 3rd-5th day are always the hardest for me, but today was the 3rd day and I'm going strong so far. Since I DID plant the notion to have some coconut oil and cacao powder mixed with xylitol, guess what I'm having right now? ; ) I accidentally put WAY too much cocoa powder in mine, so I had to add more coconut oil and I have a serving or two for later that I will save in the refrigerator. Good thing it's summer, so I can "thaw" it out.

Also, there's a great website I found that ships natural foods for free if you order $49 or more and they have a HUGE coconut oil canister, about the size of a shortening can. I can send you a link, if I can find it, where you can get $10 off your first order if you use my link and I'll get $10, too! It's kind of like going to Trader Joe's without spending money on the gas. ; )

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:29 am 

I figure at least 4 weeks and probably longer...maybe even up to 8 weeks with a slow introduction to other foods. I am going to TRY to severely limit my "trigger" foods....wheat and sugar.

If you think of anything good to eat let me know! I try to keep things handy and available (like boiled eggs, yogurt, chopped/sliced veggies, hummus, etc) but it's nice to have a little change now and then. I eat a lot of salads, but I can get burned out on them if I eat too many of them! I especially enjoy the gazpacho during the hot weather....toss in a few black beans, and chop a bit of avacado on top....that's good.

But too much of anything can get old after awhile and that's when I find myself craving a tortilla, or a piece of toast....or....anything I shouldn't have!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:26 am 

[quote][Also, there's a great website I found that ships natural foods for free if you order $49 or more /quote]

I sure would like to know the website, my nearest natural foods store is a 30mi round trip. Havent been able to go since dd is off for the summer.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:20 am 

Briva wrote:
Quote:
[Also, there's a great website I found that ships natural foods for free if you order $49 or more /quote]

I sure would like to know the website, my nearest natural foods store is a 30mi round trip. Havent been able to go since dd is off for the summer.

Me too, Briva! My nearest natural foods store is about a 65 mile round trip!

Post subject: $10 off Natural Health website
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:12 am 

Briva, and anyone else, all I need is your email address and I can send you the coupon link.

Miss Laura, I just sent yours. 8-) Enjoy!