It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:19 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Re: New study - Vegetarians live longer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:46 pm 

"But, having said, that, It's not my mission in life to change omnivores - it's completely up to each person how they choose to eat."

That is how I feel also. I have one dd who eats very little meat. I don't care, all I care is that she has enough healthy protein in her body, especially since she spends a few hours a week in a gym really working her body hard with her gymnastics. So, we research good protein options, what she likes/doesn't like and what we need to have on hand for her.

My other dd who is still at home is so much like me. She feels better when she eats good meat, so we make sure we both have what we need. I am finding I need less than I did before, but if I remove it all together, even if I have other great protein options around, that I start getting sick. I eat some meat, and withing 15-20 minutes I am better. So, I will keep doing what I am doing and re-evaluate as I go through the next few years.

I will throw this out there... I have now been 32 days with no sugar, no grains, no legumes and 31 days with no dairy and I feel great. I have lost 13 pounds, have had no gi issues and I am sleeping better. I am slowly reintroducing a little cheese because I do miss it,and want to try a little sour cream and yougurt. If my body can handle it, then it stays in small quantities. If I start feeling negative effects it is gone for good.

What we eat really does effect our health. I just got tired enough of being sick and tired that eliminating things was easy and sooo worth it!!

Post subject: Re: New study - Vegetarians live longer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:04 pm 

Wow - if I gave up grains & legumes, I would starve! :shock:

And, to be honest, I'd miss sugar more than I should, too ;)