It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:17 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Naturopath
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:45 pm 

So, with all the problems I have been having and it seems like I have these problems all the time, I finally went to a Naturopath. I have to admit, I was a little wierded out. First of all, I gave a urine sample and then I waited in a room for him. His daughters are his nurses and one of them came in and said my PH levels were perfect. Then the dr came in and explained he wasn't like most dr's and everything we did to help me feel better would be natural. He also said that alot of problems people have are caused by diet. He then gave me a diet sheet that says not to eat carbs, but that brown rice, and whole wheat are NOT considered carbs, but starches. Basicly if man messed with it, it's not good for you, so, foods that have been modified I need to stay away from. He then said not to eat meat with starches, our digestion system cannot handle it because it digests those foods differently.
Then he asked if he could do a simple blood test and I agreed. It was 4 drops of blood on a slide. He then read my blood. Said I don't breathe enough, said I needed to do a metal detox, said I must have hemmroids or constipation. Funny thing is, my DH tells me that I hold my breathe alot even when I don't notice and I do not go to the bathroom regularly. So, he was right on some stuff.
So, he gave me a list of his herb capsules to use for all the problems he saw. I was a little dissapointed because I felt like he was pushing his product. But I went ahead and bought the stuff.
However, I did go to his website and found out he has all the ingredients listed for his formulas and he gives permission to duplicate it. So, there goes my theory he was just pushing them to make money. Unless he doesn't think people will actually go through the trouble! Little does he know I have a whole box full of herbs!
Anyone else ever see a Naturopath? What's your experience?

Post subject: Re: Naturopath
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:11 am 

I haven't seen one, but my mom is for her Rheumatoid Arthritis. They also gave her a list of foods she should/shouldn't eat, when she should eat what, etc. They gave her a bunch of stuff to detox her organs. It wasn't cheap, but most of it is not stuff she has to keep taking. Two of the things they gave her are colloidal silver and sea salt. These are both things that I buy, so I asked how much they cost because mine are probably cheaper. She won't tell me the cost and is determined to use the brands that they gave her. Whatever.

They didn't do any tests on her, which seems weird to me. She is pretty much sold on this Naturopath. He used to be a chiropractor, but has been a Naturopath for a long time and has good reviews. My mom says his office is always busy and she heard one of his patients referring other people to him.

So, I'm hoping this works out for her and she's not being taken advantage of. I guess Naturopaths are like other doctors, there's good ones and bad ones. I do think if you find a good one, it's better than a doctor because doctor's just cover up the symptoms with medications. My mom's regular doctor told her there was no cause for her arthritis. She just had to take medications for the rest of her life and there was nothing else to do. Naturopaths at least address the underlying issues.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:30 am 

We have a Naturopath that we started with back when my now 24 yo dd was 15 and very, very ill. No other dr. could figure out what was wrong, and this Naturopath came very highly recommended. He is fabulous!! Three of my 5 kids have been seen by him, the rest of us have never needed to. I must say though that my dh and I both want to go have a full blood panel drawn by him to see exactly what our bodies are dealing with. We know dh has heavy metal overload in his body due to over 30 years as an automechanic. As soon as we can budget for it, we will go in and begin our work with him.

Sounds like your Naturopath knows what he is doing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:40 am 

The food combination thing is not new. I don't know what I think about these people. I like them better than "real" docs, tho'. ;-) I know 2 chiros that are also into that and my friends swear by them. I hope the one is as good as they claim cuz he gave me a clean bill of health. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:16 pm 

My chiro has just started selling supplements. But he is not pushing them, so to say. Last month he did hound on me to see a doctor for a check up when I admitted I'd hadnt seen one in years. I'd love to find a naturopath...

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:31 pm 

We do see a naturopath when needed, but haven't needed to for a long time.

I work with several, so I have some good connections, should the need arise.

Like Lisa mentioned, a natural approach to health is not going to merely treat the symptoms, but help you find the root cause of what is ailing you and deal with it accordingly. The body is an amazing thing. If given the right things, I truly believe it can and will heal itself.

It's not uncommon for Naturopath's to have a line or several lines of products they like to work with. Consider it like this, they have their own natural pharmacy and you don't have to go to the drug store to get something to mask the real reason you don't feel well. ; )

Praying you find the answers you are seeking.