It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:17 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Vegan pumpkin stew
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:16 pm
Posts: 1968
Location: Sunshine State
Now this one looks good, there is also a vegan chocolate pie
https://us4.campaign-archive.com/?e=ea308becd7&u=5e58f59d97611f910916b6276&id=110d6522ca

_________________
"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pumpkin stew
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:14 pm
Posts: 7154
That DOES look good : )

I've tried several pumpkin Entrees in the past - but so far they have been too hot & spicy or too bland. I haven't been able to find one that was a flavorful crowd-pleaser yet. Orange veggies other than carrots are a hard sell at our house! DD is a fan of acorn squash now (didn't used to be : ) and likes that just with a tiny bit of earth balance & sweetener - which is easy :D

*I* tend to like all sorts of "weird" flavors - but to spend the time that a pumpkin requires - AND to end up with the quantity that a pumpkin produces - it NEEDS to be more than just me eating it!

_________________
http://stuffedveggies.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pumpkin stew
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:16 pm
Posts: 1968
Location: Sunshine State
Anna1111 wrote:
but to spend the time that a pumpkin requires - AND to end up with the quantity that a pumpkin produces - it NEEDS to be more than just me eating it!


:lol:

_________________
"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pumpkin stew
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:22 pm
Posts: 7895
Anna1111 wrote:
That DOES look good : )

I've tried several pumpkin Entrees in the past - but so far they have been too hot & spicy or too bland. I haven't been able to find one that was a flavorful crowd-pleaser yet. Orange veggies other than carrots are a hard sell at our house! DD is a fan of acorn squash now (didn't used to be : ) and likes that just with a tiny bit of earth balance & sweetener - which is easy :D

*I* tend to like all sorts of "weird" flavors - but to spend the time that a pumpkin requires - AND to end up with the quantity that a pumpkin produces - it NEEDS to be more than just me eating it!


I found one that everyone liked - i won't say "loved" but it was a "do again" one. I think it was Rachael Ray's Pumpkin and Black Bean soup.

This one combines yams with pumpkin but with the maple syrup in it i'm wondering if i would like it. ??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pumpkin stew
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:14 pm
Posts: 7154
We have a familial taboo - sweet (pumpkin, raisins, sweet potatoes, apples etc) and savory (mushrooms, beans, meat etc) don't "go together"

I'm the ONLY one in the family that doesn't subscribe to this dogma.

So, if I break it, I'm eating (that dish) :D

_________________
http://stuffedveggies.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pumpkin stew
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:22 pm
Posts: 7895
Yeah - dh follows that rule, too. I like many things that are sweet and savory together like the date and bacon pizza! :) I just get the idea of "pumpkin pie with corn" in my head and ... eeek! LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pumpkin stew
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:14 pm
Posts: 7154
Sis wrote:
Yeah - dh follows that rule, too. I like many things that are sweet and savory together like the date and bacon pizza! :) I just get the idea of "pumpkin pie with corn" in my head and ... eeek! LOL


Maybe you & I should go out to lunch sometime! :D

I LOVE sweet & savory together :mrgreen:

_________________
http://stuffedveggies.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan pumpkin stew
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:22 pm
Posts: 7895
Anna1111 wrote:
Sis wrote:
Yeah - dh follows that rule, too. I like many things that are sweet and savory together like the date and bacon pizza! :) I just get the idea of "pumpkin pie with corn" in my head and ... eeek! LOL


Maybe you & I should go out to lunch sometime! :D

I LOVE sweet & savory together :mrgreen:


Works for me!!! :D 8-) :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Theme designed by stylerbb.net © 2008
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]