It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:59 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Ugh.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:24 am 

I am breaking out on my back and face like a schoolgirl! Is it the water I've started drinking? I just can't imagine what it is. A second puberty?! ACK!

Post subject: Re: Ugh.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:41 am 

Have you been following the low-carb diet you mentioned?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:47 am 

Anna1111 wrote:
Have you been following the low-carb diet you mentioned?

Well, should I stand on the 5th? The funny thing is, I didn't LIKE most of the food that well so I didn't overeat. They made fancy stuffing (which sounded good but wasn't), fancy brussels (they were sweetened), there were no candied yams, etc. I was never overly full like everybody else but.... no, I didn't stay on plan, nor did I pay especial attention to what I ate. Pie is not my thing - something to be thankful for.

I plan on having the kids help me make turkey soup today - no noodles or rice, just veggies, meat and broth.

Should I tell on dh? He did terrible. :( I'm glad it's all over. Today's food plan is poached egg on Dave's killer bread; apple slices with cinnamon; boiled Brussels; turkey soup. The calories will be very low, the carbs will be around 60.

I have 8 days to lose ...... 5 lb. (I'm actually still down a pound from before Thanksgiving and getting sick!!!)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:58 am 

Well, I was thinking of an overall trend - not just the big day.

When I worked at the health food store, I saw virtually every possible negative health side effect from a low carb diet - If you're doing that MOST of the time, it could be causing you trouble.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:35 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
Well, I was thinking of an overall trend - not just the big day.

When I worked at the health food store, I saw virtually every possible negative health side effect from a low carb diet - If you're doing that MOST of the time, it could be causing you trouble.

I had only started low-carbing the 16th and I was sick by th 20th. It was a bad cold that I'm still recovering from a little. I didn't have time to have any complications yet. I don't really see how low-carbing can be too bad for you unless you aren't doing it "right". (And I'll admit, I DON'T do it "right"!) Atkins says 3 cups of salad a DAY which is more than I want to eat in a week, especially in the winter. I figure soup is a kind of salad, tho', right? That works better for me. :) A lot of people stuff themselves with poor meat choices and call that "low-carb". Like any way of eating, you have to be intelligent about it. I'm not eating a LOT of meat, by any means. I'm having some fruit but mainly veggies. My carb intake is generally around 45-65 a day which is HIGH by Atkins "induction" standards and low by the USDA standards. Sounds just right, eh? :mrgreen: Carbs, almost all carbs, are triggers for over-eating for me. Bread, crackers, rice, noodles, potatoes, ... those are the "bad" carbs for me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:18 pm 

I always seem to have a major breakout just before getting sick. Like flu or sinus infection sick. I'm not sure why but it's a sure sign now that I'm older.

I never noticed this when I was 20'something!!
:(

Another thing: have you switched soap or facial cleaner? That may cause a breakout as well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:19 pm 

oooh or if you are upping your excerise and are sweating. That can cause breakouts. Sweating should be good for your skin, lol... but it releases oils that cause breakouts.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:00 pm 

Hmmmm - those are all possibilities. Sick, exercise, sweating, ... maybe even had a different cleanser but I can't remember for sure. My face feels ..... like it's been thru a rough time. I'd love to go get a facial. :) But, I think I'll just do my own next week. It feels too late today (altho' it's only 4). I'd ask dh to watch the kids but he's taken them so much this last week. The can't be "trusted" to watch a movie or play nicely on their own. They'd be ok but they would most likely get very loud and rowdy and that really messes with my bath time. (Where's my princess emoji?)