It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:08 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: It's about 60 days til my 60th bday!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:36 pm 

It feels like my "last hurrah" and I need to get moving and lose some weight! I have everything in place to do it but.... you guys KNOW how I am!

I started this morning with my lemon water, walking and stretching, TAG (time alone with God), a nice bath.... with plenty of interruptions.... :? Then dh was home and we were watching an episode with dgd. All of a sudden he gets up to do something and we go on watching, wondering if he's going to be long, if he doesn't care to see that part, or what. When he came back in he was "hurt" that we'd gone on watching and not paused. HE had the remote by him. Why didn't he pause it when he left? He had his nose all bent out of shape so he LEFT! When he came back he was LADEN with "gifts" for me!!! A BOX of Ding Dongs, 4 large hershey special dark bars, a frozen dinner, and a diet pepsi!!!!! Ridiculous. He usually does everything pretty extreme and this was no exception. sigh

I've not learned to be strong when handed temptation. :( I ate 3 ding dongs right off the bat. sigh I opened the pepsi and took a few drinks. I made the frozen dinner and his dinner and dgd's dinner - yep! Three dinners. I don't want to "hurt" his feelings again - right? argh

Does this always happen the day I start a new plan simply because I do NOT resist?! It's just CRAZY! :? :shock: :?

Post subject: Re: It's about 60 days til my 60th bday!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:51 pm 

A man who brings chocolate can be easily forgiven.

Check out this Facebook page of a vegan trucker who shares recipes he cooks in his big rig on the road. He has lost 70lbs.
https://m.facebook.com/plantfueledtrucker

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Post subject: Re: It's about 60 days til my 60th bday!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:57 pm 

Amazing determination.