It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:40 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: catching up on laundry
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:13 am 

Anna1111 wrote:
I've never been a bed-maker. It seems a futile waste of time to me.

When we got married, I thought I had a duty to make the bed now, and started. Then one day dear dh said "Why do you do that?" Bless him! : )

My dh couldn't care less, either! I also think it's pointless, but hear so many people talk about it like it's a sin not to, lol, so I've got it into my head that I have to. It does make the bedroom look nicer, even if the rest of it is messy, but I'm rarely even in there unless I'm on the bed anyways.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:18 am 

Anna1111 wrote:
laurajean wrote:
Anna1111 wrote:
Oh, dear, I'm going to scandalize EVERYONE - but - I don't believe in making beds, either. :lol: (except for guests)

*GASP* :o

:lol:

I find it a little ironic that the two military veterans on here - you know, those of us who are trained to make a bed so a quarter can bounce off it - are the ones who don't make our beds! :lol:

I laughed so hard at this! I could NOT make my bed right in basic training, with the hospital corners and everything, to save my life! We had to pair up and help each other to get it done and no one ever wanted to be paired with me, lol! Attention to detail is not my strong point.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:36 am 

I'm trying to make my bed, but as we sit its a jumbled bunch of blankets that are so comfy lol.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:13 am 

Well, my CAT is not comfortable on a messy bed. The other day when I washed the sheets and then put them back on the bed, he jumped up immediately after the bed was made and rubbed all over it saying, "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!". Not because they were clean but because it was made. So, I sometimes make the bed for him.

I am usually out of bed before dh and it is downstairs so I do often forget to make the bed unless i have to go in the bedroom for some reason.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:40 am 

Something funny is that my kids sometimes like to make my bed. Dh will leave for work, I'll go in the bathroom and come back out and the bed will be made. I'll say "Looks like the bed making faries have paid me a visit!" Then, of course, they waste no time in starting to jump on the nice just-made bed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:59 pm 

Growing up, my Mom wanted us to make our beds, and for the most part I think we did. I did teach my kids to do so!!! Why?? Well, first of all, a made bed can make a messy room look less messy. Secondly, if you have pets, little kids, or anyone who eats on their beds if the bed is made, the pet hair, all little kid messes, and food crumbs are on the top of the bed, not mixed among the sheets. Thirdly, to me, climbing into a bed that has smooth sheets/blankets is like a lovely hug and is nice at the end of the day. It is even better when the sheets have just been laundered and things fit tighter on the bed. Ah, bliss.

It is funny that none of my kids think a made bed is beneficial, and those who live on their own and are married have spouses who don't care. Thankfully my two at home humor me and "hug" their beds every day for my benefit. If I were to go away for a week, I think their beds would be left disheveled. Thankfully my dh sees the benefit of making a bed, and does so. I really appreciated that about him when we met. Love my man!! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:22 pm 

My mom was a fastidious housekeeper. I was taught to make my bed every morning as soon as I got out of bed. She did help me by making sure I had "easy" bedding. I don't think I *ever* had an unmade bed while living at home. Dh likes the bed made, too, but unless I'm working outside the house, he thinks it's my job. puh ;-) I do like a bed that's made but it's not a "have to" for me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:45 pm 

I think I would fall over in shock if my boys made their beds lol. I'm lucky if they brush their hair lol.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:50 pm 

Alex wrote:
I think I would fall over in shock if my boys made their beds lol. I'm lucky if they brush their hair lol.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:21 pm 

I have found over the years that there are way better things to spend my energy on than making beds and folding undies.. lol!
However, they do still get done at times just not as regularly as they did when I was younger.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next