It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Death
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:53 pm 

Two of our old family friends died this month. They've both had ailments for many years but the one that died yesterday was only 52. I'm so glad to know they both truly know and love the Lord. I grieve with the husbands and family and friends they've left behind.

I'm not in regular contact with either of them so it won't impact me in a daily way but only when i think of them and their families. As we age we are more and more likely to experience death of loved ones - unless we go first! (I keep telling dh i'm going first.)

But, it also makes me think of the things i leave undone. And i'm not talking about crochet projects or dishes.

Post subject: Re: Death
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:50 pm 

We were losing friends and family left and right starting 10 years ago. They were in their 40's and early 50's. All cancer or complications from cancer.

They all had teenage kids. So sad. Mary L was one. Many in our church groups had kids who were worrying. Since their friends suddenly lost their mom or dad.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Post subject: Re: Death
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:58 pm 

Briva wrote:
We were losing friends and family left and right starting 10 years ago. They were in their 40's and early 50's. All cancer or complications from cancer.

They all had teenage kids. So sad. Mary L was one. Many in our church groups had kids who were worrying. Since their friends suddenly lost their mom or dad.

Yes, Mary's death was a bit of a shock! A teen we know lost his mom a year ago and his dad recently. They were older parents but it was still a shock. The mom had cancer but i don't think anything was known wrong with the dad. The kid was immediately taken in by a neighbor that happens to be a social worker and all seems well at this point.

You never know what curve balls will be thrown you in life.