It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Afghan
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:49 pm 

At work my coworker mentioned how slow it's going to be for the next little bit. She said something about bringing my crocheting. So i tho't i *would* find a new project to start. :mrgreen: I found this snowflake afghan that is pretty simple. I did up a sample square and found it was something that would work well for work - making a bunch of snowflakes then adding a border around each before whip stitching them together. I'll probably use a more turquoise blue - maybe even an aqua like you see in snowbanks of fresh snow. We'll see. I have 3 snowflakes made already.

http://www.artoftangle.com/snowflake.htm

Nope - looks like i'm gonna be a bit late.

In other news...... LOL I've been thinking about getting a dog lately. I'd like something like a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Not too big but more than a drop-kick kinda dog. :lol: Not too long-haired but has to withstand heat and cold. And the biggest thing is it can't need a lot of exercise!!! It just wouldn't get it and would surely have behavior problems.... like our dog now. :? I think our dog would like a companion, too! I've never had my own dog and it would probably be the only one i'll ever have. I'm usually more of a cat person except i hate litter boxes.

Post subject: Re: Afghan
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:44 pm 

It's a very pretty pattern! : )

I think that's the kind of dog my sister has. :) You certainly need more companionship in that big, empty house of yours ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:41 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
You certainly need more companionship in that big, empty house of yours ;)

:? :roll: :?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:35 pm 

:shock: Nooooo....!!

Get a cat... The amount of cleaning you'll do after a dog is worst than a cat.
(I'm a cat lover that has 2 inside dogs that I am so over. Every day I ask myself.. Why oh why did I ever get dogs?!?)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:36 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
You certainly need more companionship in that big, empty house of yours ;)

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:29 pm 

I'm torn. I love both cats and dogs but i find it depends on the specific animal as to whether they are easy to clean up after. :roll: A chewy puppy - :shock: , a sick cat - :o , a dog that gets into the garbage - :evil: , a cat that gets on the counters (and into the food)! :twisted: A cat that throws cat litter EVERYWHERE! :cry:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:47 pm 

I am down to my last pets. The tabby and chihuahua are about the same age, 10+. I am done. In the future I may get fish, as I still own a 55 gl tank. The question is what to do when you travel. I can get fish food tabs that last a week, but the cat and dog require sitters or kennel and they are both expensive now. I used to board our cat for $4 a day. That was a long, long time ago.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:35 pm 

Briva wrote:
I am down to my last pets. The tabby and chihuahua are about the same age, 10+. I am done. In the future I may get fish, as I still own a 55 gl tank. The question is what to do when you travel. I can get fish food tabs that last a week, but the cat and dog require sitters or kennel and they are both expensive now. I used to board our cat for $4 a day. That was a long, long time ago.

Me, too! My dogs are 8 and 9. The 8 y/o still sneaks to wet inside whenever the mood hits. :evil: I've told my kids I'm done. When these go, I don't want any little surprises brought home to keep me company, lol.

I want to be able to travel and not worry about any pets.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:36 pm 

Yeah. We JUST now got a fish. A Betta with a self-cleaning tank : )

It's all the work I'm up for - and even that is a stretch ; )