It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:27 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Day Planner
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:29 am 

I think this should go here?

I stumbled upon some cleaning videos and was most intrigued by a kind of "updated" Flylady (who is, herself, an updated S.H.E.!). This Clutterbug lady is pretty fun to watch and i like her stuff. She has a day planner page that she made for herself and you can buy for $1. I don't like to give my email and credit card # out if i don't have to so i just STOLE her idea! :idea:

I did an idea-planning thing on "paint" and then tried to make it come to life in my 9x6 sketch pad. It's working! Of course, it's only been 2 days, but it's FUN and brings out my deformed and latent and sad artistic side. LOL

I do a new page each day rather than having photocopied sheets. At the top i draw a simple border. On the left i start with prayer focus and a passage i read. (Praying for sick ones right now!) Top middle i write an inspirational verse or quote.(Mt 6:33) Very top right is the date and weather. (I'm always wanting to remember how the weather was.) :mrgreen: Then i have a focus spot of the highest priority "to-do/s" of the day. And a "delegate" spot for a task or two that i need/want someone else to do.

On the bottom left i put a sticky note to write reminders. If needed i can take it with me. So far it's been exercise and eating reminders, and things to think about for work. In the middle bottom i draw an arrow pointing upwards that has a list of chores to do (ideally in the morning). The right is then open for whatever - a shopping list, journaling, doodling, things i'm grateful for, etc.

I'm interested to see if i can keep this up and how it might evolve over time.

I plan to sit down each evening and make one for the next day. This *IS* hormonal planning, tho', and i won't beat myself up if i drop it in the next couple of days. :ugeek:

I use markers so it's very colorful!!! :)

I've always tried to find or make MY most useful planning tool. I might need to go bigger but this smaller version might make me hone things down.

Post subject: Re: Day Planner
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:32 pm 

What's an updated S. H. E.?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:31 pm 

Tory wrote:
What's an updated S. H. E.?

Flylady actually uses the original S.H.E. way of cleaning - with a twist. S.H.E. stands for Sidetracked Home Executives - ahem! I started with Pam and Peggy WAY back and still have some of the cards i made for their system. Here's an excerpt from the Flylady website about them:

The book “Sidetracked Home Executives from Pigpen to Paradise” was written in 1977 by two sisters, Pam Young and Peggy Jones.

:)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:37 pm 

That's SO much nicer that "Scatterbrained Housewife, Embarrassed"

(Which seems a little more, well, honest ;) )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:38 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
That's SO much nicer that "Scatterbrained Housewife, Embarrassed"

(Which seems a little more, well, honest ;) )

If the shoes fit, i guess? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:39 am 

I've just given up on planners! I've spent so much time making them, and then I can't be bothered to ever look at them after that! I'm hopeless.

My new philosophy: If it doesn't get done, it just wasn't meant to get done.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:58 pm 

Lisa, i L* O* V* E* putting planners together!!! It's one of my greatest joys! Using them? Yeah - i don't either. LOL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:04 pm 

Sis wrote:
Lisa, i L* O* V* E* putting planners together!!! It's one of my greatest joys! Using them? Yeah - i don't either. LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: