It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:03 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: How to put up . . .
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:36 pm 

Hi everyone!

A few days ago, I mentioned my favorite "Wall Chart of World History"

It's about 14 feet long, and about 1 1/2 feet high, and made of heavy, coated cardstock (a lovely, durable product : )

My problem is this: I'd like to hang it on my wall without damaging the wall (and preferably without damaging the chart), but I cannot figure out how to do it.

When I was a kid, there was "Poster Putty" but usually it wouldn't even hold up our thin, paper posters. This is a big item, unframed without any hooks - and needless to say (I hope) I don't want to nail it to the wall. Any ideas for how to affix it?

Post subject: Re: How to put up . . .
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:25 pm 

How about the 3m Command strip hangers. That might not be the right name. These were what dd was allowed to use to hang things in her college dorm. Maybe use a number of those across the wall with the large binder clips clipped to the chart itself then hung on the Command strip hanger. They are supposed to come off with no damage to the wall. There may be a more aesthetically pleasing solution but that popped into my mind as how I was thinking of doing the one I need to hang as dh is not going to want me to put any holes in the wall. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:57 pm 

Did you do it, Anna?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:23 pm 

Not yet - I'm in the "mulling" stage : )

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:47 pm 

coastal Carol wrote:
How about the 3m Command strip hangers. That might not be the right name. These were what dd was allowed to use to hang things in her college dorm. Maybe use a number of those across the wall with the large binder clips clipped to the chart itself then hung on the Command strip hanger. They are supposed to come off with no damage to the wall. There may be a more aesthetically pleasing solution but that popped into my mind as how I was thinking of doing the one I need to hang as dh is not going to want me to put any holes in the wall. :)

Thanks so much for a BRILLIANT idea, Carol!

I finally did it today - I tend to mull things over - which hooks to buy, how to hang it at a proper angle, what size clips to use, etc.

I got it done, and it works GREAT! (God willing, the strips will continue to hold : )

I used 4 hooks - each with a 3# capacity.

It extends from the basement up to the main floor, following the handrail - at a perfect eye-level for DD and for me.

She's quite thrilled with it - running up and down the steps finding famous people. I really like that it relates everything to the Bible & its key events : )