It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Making gifts this weekend
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:22 pm 

I have wanted to get all of my mom's recipes printed into a book for some time now, but financially, it just isn't worth it. She really doesn't have that many recipes to make the expense worthwhile..
however, her recipes are worn and some are hard to read. She has bits of scrap paper with things written on them, newspaper clipping of recipes, magazine pages.. you name it. She keeps all these items in different places so at this time of the year, she's searching and worrying about where all of her recipes are!?!? :oops:

SO.. This year.. I decided that I'm organizing this mess for her. I bought large index cards and have a large recipe box that I received years ago that I never used. (yes, regifting it! It's her favorite color so it'll work.)
I'm writing all of her recipes out long hand in large print. This way, she has them in that ONE BOX, and she'll be able to read the recipes without her glasses.
This has turned out to be a bigger job than I expected but the end result (I think) will make things easier for her when she cooks and bakes.

For my dd... I found fabric at a discount in her favorite pattern. I bought enough to make her a pillow case for her pillow. It was so easy, I was able to have it finished in under an hour! (I surprised myself, because I haven't sewn anything in a long time!)

Post subject: Re: Making gifts this weekend
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:28 pm 

Sound like a couple of great projects, Tory! Organized recipes are such a huge blessing!

Since you're sewing for DD, and mentioned she likes pajama pants, I thought you might like this link I ran across recently http://onemamasdailydrama.com/2013/10/1 ... ama-pants/

Post subject: Re: Making gifts this weekend
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:03 am 

My mom actually suggested I sew the pj's myself. I have never ventured into much sewing with patterns. It's a skill I need to learn, though!
Perhaps AFTER Christmas, I'll do it. My dd LOVES those fuzzy pj's!
She may even want to learn to make them herself.
:)
Thanks, Anna!