It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:05 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Saw part of the convention last night
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:50 am 

Honestly, though, I tuned in to see Clint. Just seeing him made me remember Charlton Heston. I posted a speech by the elderly Heston in Current Events.

I thought Clint gave it a good try, dd looked up his age - he is 82! He said that there were a lot of conservative hollywood stars, they just arent vocal like the liberals.

In searching for the Heston video, I saw a clip of the 1972? Republican convention with Chad Everett standing next to Arnold S. and Charlton H.

I like the RNC slogan, I Believe in America. I heard of few people speaking before Clint spoke, I liked Marco Rubio (but I am biased ;) ) But I couldnt listen to Romney. Sorry dude, you make me snore.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Post subject: Re: Saw part of the convention last night
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:31 pm 

I caught part of Romney's speech, mainly because I've never heard him before. I did watch some of Ryan's the other night, too.
I felt Romney went on a bit long, and kept saying basically the same thing over and over after a while. The crowd seemed to love it. ;)
He's not completely as bad as I thought he'd be. (That's not saying much because these days all of politics makes my blood boil.)
I did like hearing that he's FOR America, but I kept thinking.. "Yeah, and how will you be AFTER the election??" SO many say one thing and do the complete opposite. I'm sick of people telling us what they think we want to hear instead of just being HONEST.
The 12 million jobs thing... begin by telling me HOW he plans to make that impossible dream come about?? I didn't hear anything but promises, nothing concrete at all.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:03 pm 
Site Owner

How can a President create jobs? The only way is by hiring people for gov't work. Even then, they are taking jobs from one and giving to another. When a business is taxed, they drop employees. The gov't then takes a cut off the top and hires people -- a net loss. So, maybe he is going to attract factories to the U.S.? How? By taking tax money from businesses and individuals (therefore losing jobs) and putting that money down as an incentive to other businesses to start up here. Nope. It just doesn't work.

About the "FOR" America - is there someone against it? I think everyone says they are "for" this country. You may not agree with what their particular "for" means, but they are for it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:30 pm 

Oh, I know another way Martha! I was once at a business meeting in another country with high unemployment rates. Whereas HERE labor saving devices are promoted, THERE every salesman was promoting how many EXTRA hands were required to make his system work.

Translation - in the US, there is a machine that can be operated by one man and do this job, but HERE, this job can EMPLOY 30 people! : )

Perhaps they can try THAT method to "create" jobs ; )

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:44 pm 

I believe O is NOT for America at all, so that was my referrence here in saying R does seem to be.
My first thought about the jobs was the "green" jobs that the gov. is supposed to be creating. (ie: solar panels becoming law so we'll need workers skilled in the building and installation of such.)
(Gov jobs was the first thing I thought of when he said he's create 12 million jobs.) Of course, he didn't elaborate on how he planned to create that many jobs, and really, that amount sounds so rediculous. I don't see him creating 1 million jobs, much less 12 million!

Anna, I've been saying all along that automated and computerized things are putting Americans out of work. Even down to the check-out lines at the grocery store. It's cheaper for them to put in a computer and the customer does the physical work themselves.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:27 pm 
Site Owner

Just keep in mind that for the government to "create" jobs, it has to take money from one group of taxpayers and then use that money to pay somebody else. They'd be better off cutting taxes on small business so people could hire more employees directly.

Post subject: Citizens United
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:22 am 

http://www.citizensunited.org/cu-in-the ... ticle=6073