It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Re: North Korea
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:42 pm 

LisaTX wrote:
Sis wrote:
I've been looking for news on it and it's not a big headline! I don't know what to think. It's so hard to find a good news source.

That's what worries me, the news is not making it a big deal. They hype up unimportant things, and downplay the important things. I think it's much worse than we're being told and I did read an article the other day that said the experts are saying different than the media, they are taking it much more seriously and see a real threat.

Back when this all started and everyone was laughing and making fun of Kim Jung whatever his name, I knew they were underestimating him. It's what always happens. You don't take a threat seriously until it's too late.

That's because there are so MANY threats! If you took them all seriously you'd live in the state of perpetual anxiety and fear. You can't live that way. We have a peace that passes understanding in knowing that our Father is not caught unaware. While we shouldn't turn a deaf ear to His warnings, we can be assured that He will guide us when the time comes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:53 pm 

I found information here at this link http://www.ki4u.com/guide.htm back during the nuclear incident in Japan a few years ago. The main page www.ki4u.com has tons of links to pages but this link I posted is a guide for What To Do If A Nuclear Disaster Is Imminent. You can get bottles of Betadine (Povidone-Iodine), like the brown stuff from medical offices to prepare skin for surgical procedures, at the local pharmacy. We actually keep a bottle around for wounds but it's handy it could be used on the body for radiation in an emergency - there are instructions for that in that guide. They also describe iodide tablets you can buy. It has good info on how to shelter yourself in your home, how long to stay in, gardening afterwards, etc. in the event it did happen close to you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:05 pm 

Lisa I know you want to protect your children, God tells us our trust is to be in Him and Him alone.
I believe that all of this is leading up to us being out of here soon. All this fake news will be a distraction and we will be gone and probably no one will notice because they are all in fear of the fake news. That is just my opinion.
I pray every day that God gets us out of here soon. and I believe he will. all the signs are there.
but there is no sign that has to happen before the "rapture". That is why people will be confused because they thought there would be a sign. all you can do is stay prayed up , and look upward , like God Tells us to. Everyday I go outside and look up and ask God to come quickly.
"For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgment. "
I was more fearful when the towers came down. That scared the heck out of me. I just had to trust God that someone would have a brain and know what to do.
Ignore the news, do not let this put fear into your heart.
I would not talk about all the news stuff in front of your children at all. I am not saying you do.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:09 pm 

The government has their under ground stuff to keep them safe, they do not care about us, or this country would not be in the shape it is in. Sorry to say that,
Ignore the news period.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:18 pm 

Sis wrote:
LisaTX wrote:
Sis wrote:
I've been looking for news on it and it's not a big headline! I don't know what to think. It's so hard to find a good news source.

That's what worries me, the news is not making it a big deal. They hype up unimportant things, and downplay the important things. I think it's much worse than we're being told and I did read an article the other day that said the experts are saying different than the media, they are taking it much more seriously and see a real threat.

Back when this all started and everyone was laughing and making fun of Kim Jung whatever his name, I knew they were underestimating him. It's what always happens. You don't take a threat seriously until it's too late.

That's because there are so MANY threats! If you took them all seriously you'd live in the state of perpetual anxiety and fear. You can't live that way. We have a peace that passes understanding in knowing that our Father is not caught unaware. While we shouldn't turn a deaf ear to His warnings, we can be assured that He will guide us when the time comes.

Apparently, you don't know me very well. I CAN live in a state of perpetual anxiety and fear!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:33 pm 
Site Owner

It's not a big deal. The governments of countries want you to live in a perpetual state of anxiety and fear. Then you do what they want you to do. North Korea isn't going to attack us. Why would they?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:24 am 

Dont we have anti-air missles? Cant we shoot down anything they shoot at us?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:39 am 

Tory that's what I keep thinking also. It doesn't seem realistic that they would fire one at us and/or it would get here.

Dd was in college near a nuclear power plant at the time of the Japan incident so I checked into the what-to-do type info at that time out of curiosity of that type scenario happening to a nuclear plant here.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:47 pm 

The fact is, they have a few, we have a bunch. That is something of a deterrent, even tho Kim is irrational.

Bomb shelters don't matter much. A direct hit would wipe them out, and further out, they cannot protect you from the real dangers (which are not the hit). and, to be effective, they'd have to have a HUGE stock of food & water and a police force. You're probably way better off to find your own shelter than going to a government one.

We old folks grew up with a constant cold war threat - which is why we are in the habit of ignoring it. We would have all gone insane long ago if we bought into all the fear mongering back then. Horror movies and books make this sort of thing seem very imminent, but we've lived with this threat our whole lives, and so far, so good.

we have a huge country, and the chance of your (or my) particular town being a direct hit area are extremely low - even in a worst case scenario.

The other ladies are right - think about something else, and trust God. Worrying won't help a thing (as the Sermon on the Mount says)

Inform yourself on what to do in case of a worst case scenario (this manual has basic info on the threats and what you'd be dealing with - toward the end of the book)

http://www.preppers.info/uploads/FM21-76_SurvivalManual.pdf

then, but the book away and think about something else.

In ANY case, *anything* could take our lives today or tomorrow, and preparing for Eternity is the wisest course. Sooner or later, we will all stand before God's throne, so be prepared for that, and don't worry too much about what your "mode of transportation" will be. ((hugs))

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:28 pm 

All good information, thank you! Yes, I worry too much, I know that. I get fixated on something, worry myself almost sick about it, and then move on. Ironically, I just started going through a workbook with dd, called "What to do when I worry too much", since we both have anxiety. It is made for kids, but works for adults, too.

Anyways, I've heard many reasons why North Korea would attack us and many reasons why they wouldn't, so I don't know. I just don't like all the tension and the threats coming from them. Yes, we have the missile defense system, but they said it has only been successful in about HALF of the tests! What?! The last two tests I've heard about, have been successful, but I'm still not confident in our ability to shoot it down, after hearing only half of the tests have been successful. I'm pretty disappointed right now, since we're supposed to be the best. But I am trying to tune out the news and just focus on the things going on in my life right now. There's plenty to worry about there!