It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: I Know You're Mad at United...but....
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:22 am 

https://thepilotwifelife.wordpress.com/ ... ight-3411/

Post subject: Re: I Know You're Mad at United...but....
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:13 am 

I don't care how wrong or immature the guy was, there's no getting around the atrocious behavior of the security. He's a 70 year old man! They beat him up so bad, he has to have reconstructive surgery! That is NOT how you treat the elderly, especially when he was no threat to anyone. And they would probably have to do the same thing to me, because if my ticket is paid for, I'm seated, and my luggage is stowed, there's no way you're getting me off that plane without a fight. They did not have to do that, they have other options, they're just bullies. There are people that absolutely have to get where they're going, you can't just mess up their whole schedule.

This, added to my last awful flying experience, is just another reason why I'm never flying again, if I can help it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:55 am 

No. She's wrong.

If an airline planned so poorly - they own planes - they can get another one and fly their crew down alone if they have to. Sure, it would cost a lot, but they'd plan better next time.

There's no reason for this ridiculous overbooking all the time.

It used to be MUCH better to fly - which means it CAN be much better. They need to work on fixing their glitches and stop blaming others.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:42 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
No. She's wrong.

If an airline planned so poorly - they own planes - they can get another one and fly their crew down alone if they have to. Sure, it would cost a lot, but they'd plan better next time.

There's no reason for this ridiculous overbooking all the time.

It used to be MUCH better to fly - which means it CAN be much better. They need to work on fixing their glitches and stop blaming others.

Well, there's no doubt it USED to be better to fly!!! It was a pleasure (if you're not afraid of flying).

I don't think the "getting another plane" (hence ANOTHER crew) would work in this situation. It sounded to me like they were being flown to another plane to "man" because the original crew wasn't available or something. It would be like driving your second car to your first car - one of the cars would be left without a "crew". They bumped the 4 to accommodate the hundreds (of the other plane).

The random computer generated bumping is messed up. It seemed this doctor was bumped but not his traveling companion/s? That would be bad in any situation. Only single tickets should be bumped. There were no other connecting flights that day so it also should ................ well, all the things to take into consideration could be addressed by airlines by this time.

There will always be unforeseen and unprecedented things come up but that's why they have trouble-shooters, right?!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:24 pm 

We have several friends who are airline employees - they fly crew back and forth across the country ALL THE TIME - not because the original crew isn't available - that's just how they schedule them. They have qualified pilots sit in the back of a plane to take them to a different city to fly out from there. There's no real reason that they can't hop in front of a smaller plane and take it where they need to go. And, there's no reason that the airline can't do a better job than assigning folks who live in Detroit to work in LA and visa-versa.