It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: What do you think about the
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:19 am 

bombing of Syria?
I do not think that Aasaad did anything. I think someone fed the US false info.
He should be taken out like Kadafee (sp) and the nut case from Iraq were.
This could be the start of a major war and costing more and more money again.

Post subject: Re: What do you think about the
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:13 pm 

Well, I think it could be good or it could be bad! How's that for an answer, lol!

I'm not knowledgeable enough to have a strong opinion on if it's right or if it's wrong, but based on what I've heard from various people, I do have a couple thoughts on it. One, is that all of the people who have been whining for Trump to "do something" about Syria, should be happy that he did something. Instead, they are whining that we are hypocrites if we won't accept refugees, but will bomb them. To me, that is false logic. It makes much more sense to try to help them to be able to stay in their own country, rather than flood our country with foreigners, many of whom don't want to be here and clash with our culture and American values. So, I think they have no place to complain, but should be praising Trump for doing something, which is what they've been asking for.

I also have heard that many of our allies agree with the decision and say that something needed to be done, for what that's worth. That helped to give me some perspective on it. I heard that they were supposed to have gotten rid of all their chemical warfare and Russia was supposed to have been watching them, but apparently they lied? I do think this shows America has some guts again and won't be playing games. I can't decide if we're bullies who should mind our own business, or if we should be intervening to prevent this evil from spreading, but I lean a little toward the latter.

I do worry about the tensions, though. I don't want more war. I think I will have to see how things move forward, before I can say if I think it's good or bad, but for now I am just trusting the President I voted for and his advisors.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:37 pm 

This one I'm very unsure of. I really don't know if we should have been so swift to bomb. I think what Pres. Trump did was unConstitutional. Right or wrong I don't know.. But it leaves me with a bad feeling.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:33 am 

me too Tory. He is jumping the gun at everyting and now U.S. Navy strike group to move toward Korean peninsula:
The twirp needs to be taken out but you do not need to start a war over it.
Send in special forces to take him out. not just put in jail, but kill like the other leaders we took out.
But those countries are in no better shape than there were before.
If we take someone out we should take over the country period.,
I just want Christ to come back very very soon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:17 pm 

Ron Paul, "It makes no sense for Assad to poison his own people on the eve of peace talks"...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h0cNuPd2CDk

I am with Ron Paul on this.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:09 pm 

It sounds like Trump was just following through where Obama didn't?
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04/09 ... it-anyway/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:42 pm 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq1DKoln8WQ
Kucinich, who has visited with Assad also doubtful chemical attacks were from his government. Says past attacks from within rebel territory.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:07 pm 
Site Owner

There is always collateral damage when we do this. What about the families (men, women, and children) who were killed? Should we be involved in another country's civil war? Should we sniff out things we disagree with (like chemical, nuclear, biological weapons) in other countries and bomb them?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:20 pm 

Martha R. wrote:
There is always collateral damage when we do this. What about the families (men, women, and children) who were killed? Should we be involved in another country's civil war? Should we sniff out things we disagree with (like chemical, nuclear, biological weapons) in other countries and bomb them?

Seems like a question we face throughout our lives. When to step up and help and when to "mind our own business". Do we step in if someone is being bullied? Should we only focus on our own citizens? Or maybe only in political arenas?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:34 pm 

On the nightly news, ABC I believe, they interviewed the Syrian dad whose twins died in the attack. It was an emotion filled story stretched out by showing him carrying the babes to be buried. When they asked him why he did that, he said it was what he did when they were alive. Then crying at their grave. He said 26 members of his family were dead, including his wife.

Then he recounts how a few years ago (complete with news footage) he was part of an armed protest against the government (Assad). So this man is one of the rebels. It makes sense why 26 of his family is dead. They are part of the problem of the civil war. And US news crews feed us his sob story. Beginning to think it was all a farce to get us behind ousting Assad.

ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. American propaganda