It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Comparisons
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:05 pm 

Sometimes comparisons need explanations but sometimes explanations don't make comparisons work. (I need a "scratching my head" emoji!)

Take these two recent examples.

Creating a cake masterpiece to celebrate a wedding vs asking for a pork chop in a Jewish deli.

Spending $547 billion on defense instead of creating a free college plan costing $75 billion vs spending $54 on a samurai sword instead of buying $75 groceries.

In the first, i don't see how the cake, which is what they DO at the bakery, is anything like going into a deli and asking for something they don't even carry. ?? Wouldn't it be more like asking the deli to mix foods they have in a way that goes against their beliefs? (Maybe asking for cheese on a meat sandwich?)

And on the second, defense vs free college vs play defense and necessities - huh?

Post subject: Re: Comparisons
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:11 am 

The pork chop analogy makes perfect sense to me. When you go into an establishment that you KNOW doesn't carry what you're asking for - BECAUSE of Religious reasons - and demand a product they don't advertise or sell. It's a perfect analogy to me.

The one baker didn't even sell Halloween cupcakes because they were very publicly and and openly Christian.

The Samurai sword analogy is just stupid.