It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:51 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Re: Maybe if the prognosticators had paid attention to this
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:15 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
That's a standard Republican & or Independent line. It's the 10th amendment to the Constitution.

Well, it hasn't been a REALITY. :?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:26 pm 

Ain't that the truth!

It seems a lot of Washington just thinks that the Constitution is a nice, pretty wallpaper for their offices - you know - the preamble looks nice in a frame behind their desk and all. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:02 pm 

hey hey hey! You mean D.C. - not WASHINGTON! Right?!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:06 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
Does it matter what a 3rd party thinks about medical treatment that a person chooses to undergo?

Isn't it rather the opposite of the freedom of choice that the left so CLAIMS to love?

They say that even if you choose for yourself a certain medical treatment, and you feel it is helping you, that a 3rd party who has no interest (and has never even met you) will step in and say, "That's bad for you, I insist you stop! In fact, I will make it against the law, even tho I cannot demonstrate that it does any harm to anyone!"

It seems totalitarian to me.

Ironically, the folks who promote this are nearly always the same ones who say Abortion (which kills 1/2 of its patients) and Euthanasia (which kills all of its patients) should be "between a patient and her doctor" while this treatment which kills no one and many appreciate having access to, is made illegal.

Strange, huh?

OK, so here's a video talking about the "torture" of this conversion therapy and i have to admit it DOES sound like torture and child abuse if this is how it's done!!!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the ... &FORM=VIRE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:16 pm 

This is simple slander. No evidence, no names, no citations - and revolting accusations without a scrap of evidence. (I did not watch it till the end - just long enuf to be sickened b the preposterous lies)

And saying "we KNOW no therapy will work because people are born this way" shows their complete lack of objectivity.

I think I've asked this before, but WHERE do you find this stuff?

Think of it this way.
God says sin is bad.
These folks say sin is good and natural and anyone who tries to fight against sin is evil.

Who is telling the truth?

ETA: BTW I do allow the possibility that there might be some wacko cult out there that does stuff they describe - tho I've never heard of it. BUT, to equate a wacko cult with mainstream Christianity is a malicious form of slander. Rather like saying Jim Jones is the same as Pope Francis.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:25 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
This is simple slander. No evidence, no names, no citations - and revolting accusations without a scrap of evidence. (I did not watch it till the end - just long enuf to be sickened b the preposterous lies)

And saying "we KNOW no therapy will work because people are born this way" shows their complete lack of objectivity.

I think I've asked this before, but WHERE do you find this stuff?

Think of it this way.
God says sin is bad.
These folks say sin is good and natural and anyone who tries to fight against sin is evil.

Who is telling the truth?

ETA: BTW I do allow the possibility that there might be some wacko cult out there that does stuff they describe - tho I've never heard of it. BUT, to equate a wacko cult with mainstream Christianity is a malicious form of slander. Rather like saying Jim Jones is the same as Pope Francis.

Where do i find this stuff? Sometimes it just comes to me (like on fb) and sometimes i go looking for it. :ugeek: I like to hear "from the horse's mouth" what the other side is saying because it is so foreign to me that i can't conceive of how they can be thinking what they're thinking! :lol:

I need/want to have SOME knowledge of what these people are talking about so i don't get blindsided during big family dinners. At least that's how i think.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:43 pm 

Although I think there is an argument for that, there is also and argument against it

http://biblehub.com/jeremiah/10-2.htm

I heard this sermon illustration as a kid, and it made quite an impression on me.

http://www.family-times.net/illustratio ... ts/201073/

Although I like a good reference like McDowell's "A Ready Defense" - I still think the BEST preparedness is knowing the authentic stuff, more than to set about learning all the possible wrong answers to the exam.