It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:36 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Maybe if the prognosticators had paid attention to this . .
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:57 pm 

Perhaps they would have had a better idea of what is going on!

Here's a slideshow on the most religious & least religious states
http://www.wlwt.com/article/most-religi ... es/8253652

I wrote them down and marked which ones went to whom.

Of the 25 "least religious" states & DC, 17 went to Clinton.

Of the 25 "most religious" states, 4 went to Clinton

The 3 "too close to call" states are all in the "less religious" half - which means it's not a perfect dichotomy - but it approaches one.

Coincidence?

(I realize the polling for "how religious" is based on a flawed method, which is self-reporting, but it still seems to paint quite the picture!)

Post subject: Re: Maybe if the prognosticators had paid attention to this
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:41 pm 

I tho't this guy (Jeff J) said it great!

When the news industrey relies upon its own ignorant prejudices and slanted poll wuestions, it disempowers itself from having any real clue of what people want and what people think.

They fabricate a charade for themselves, and they looked as puzzled as confused dogs when they fantasy is not matched by reality.

This behavior used to result in people being locked into rubber rooms. Today, it is considered to be top-notch journalism.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:46 pm 

Yeah, a fine point. Unfortunately, I know all too many people who still think "the news" is nonfiction. :roll: Just the other day a friend posted an infographic on how journalists were "impartial" and "objective" in contrast to bloggers who were "emotional" I really thought such a view of journalism had disappeared around the time a popular belief in a flat earth did - but I guess not. :?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:20 am 

They also must not have paid attention Trump's rallies and their Facebook pages. He was drawing huge numbers of people, filling to capacity, with the same number of people waiting outside. He was working real hard, while Hillary was apparently sleeping. The few rallies she did do, did not draw many people. Also, she has far less FB followers, than him, and most of the comments on her page, were negative, while most of his were positive. It was clear people hated her and people were preferring Trump. Which brings me to my belief that there was a lot of tampering at the polls, otherwise he would have come out much further ahead of her. Illegals voting, dead people voting, poll machines switching the vote from Republican to Democrat, people ripping up paper ballots, etc. All that, and he still won, but it should not have been that close.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:10 am 

Anna1111 wrote:
Yeah, a fine point. Unfortunately, I know all too many people who still think "the news" is nonfiction. :roll: Just the other day a friend posted an infographic on how journalists were "impartial" and "objective" in contrast to bloggers who were "emotional" I really thought such a view of journalism had disappeared around the time a popular belief in a flat earth did - but I guess not. :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kidding, right?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:57 am 

LisaTX wrote:
They also must not have paid attention Trump's rallies and their Facebook pages. He was drawing huge numbers of people, filling to capacity, with the same number of people waiting outside. He was working real hard, while Hillary was apparently sleeping. The few rallies she did do, did not draw many people. Also, she has far less FB followers, than him, and most of the comments on her page, were negative, while most of his were positive. It was clear people hated her and people were preferring Trump. Which brings me to my belief that there was a lot of tampering at the polls, otherwise he would have come out much further ahead of her. Illegals voting, dead people voting, poll machines switching the vote from Republican to Democrat, people ripping up paper ballots, etc. All that, and he still won, but it should not have been that close.

By the official count (whatever that's worth) she won the popular vote. Someone out there (in addition to my neighbor) must like her. :?:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:12 pm 

Yes, it looks like she gets the popular vote, which liberals are quick to point out all over the place. The funny thing is, my mom and I were afraid Trump would get the popular vote, but Hillary would win the electoral votes. We were criticizing the whole electoral college thing, but then it worked in our favor! I have done some more reading on the electoral college and do understand why it's in place, but a lot of people are saying it should be done away with, or they should at least split California, so it doesn't have so many electoral votes. I guess I would be pretty upset if I lived in CA and my vote never counted. It's all pretty confusing. But either way, he won fair and square!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:18 pm 

I think the time zones have more to do with CA vote not counting sometimes. ;)

I dunno but someone said the "real vote" doesn't happen until december?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:48 pm 

Sis wrote:
I think the time zones have more to do with CA vote not counting sometimes. ;)

I dunno but someone said the "real vote" doesn't happen until december?

Yes - the electoral college gets together and ACTUALLY votes sometime between now & inauguration day. In theory, individual electoral college members could switch sides between now and then. It has never happened, to the best of my knowledge, but it's a constitutional possibility.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:52 pm 

Yes, December is when they actually do the electoral vote. I read that in all but two states, the elector is pledged to vote for the one who got the most votes in their state, but every once in awhile, they break their pledge, which is rare and frowned upon and they are labeled unfaithful. I would be a little worried this time, because of all the opposition to Trump, but he's already being trained and prepared to take over, I can't imagine what would happen if they broke their pledged and didn't vote for him! Has that ever happened before, where enough of them broke their pledges, that the candidate actually lost?