It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Ya know what irritates me about the... (election)....
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:07 am 

running commentary on the polls? They allude to the "less-educated" as being the ones most likely to vote for Trump. :evil:

It reminds me of when my kids were in school and they put the lower income kids on the slow learners list!

I guess "not brain-washed" = less educated. :ugeek:

Post subject: Re: Ya know what irritates me about the... (election)....
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:10 am 

My mom and I keep talking about that, too. "White non-college educated" people. The race thing gets me, too. Democrats call themselves the champions for racial equality and they call Republicans racist, but they are the ones who draw so much attention to race and use such divisive talk. If being white and uneducated, means being able to think for myself, then so be it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:12 am 

BTW, H is not registered to vote, but he supports Trump. This was the one time I wished he had registered to vote, lol!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:33 am 

It's just their way of looking down on the "lower classes" - they pretend to be all egalitarian and everything, but their true colours show when they make little jabs about "uneducated" Republicans. Then, in the next breath, they're telling you how all those "rich" Republicans don't care about the poor. So, according to their logic, the best way to become wealthy is to eschew education? :ugeek:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:49 am 

They seemed incredulous last night, could not understand how the 'polls' where soooooo wrong. Polls they manipulated to show what they wanted them to show. Reality bites. I did not like that they assumed that African Americans would automatically vote for Hillary, and all women, and all Hispanics, too. They were counting those potential votes for Hillary. The silent majority spoke last night, all creeds, all colors all American.

Trump's victory speech, and I agree, very gracious. The Republican chair finally was called up and reminded Trump, thank God, God bless America. Pray for Trump.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/09/donald-t ... jects.html

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:52 am 

I voted for Trump. I did not vote in the last election, I was disheartened when my candidate dropped out of the race before our state's primary. I also voted for every libertarian on the ticket.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:38 am 

Trump won!? I don't believe it! I gotta go check it out!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:48 am 

Pence's short speech and intro to Trump

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nxzoTNqfM9Q

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:00 am 

LisaTX wrote:
My mom and I keep talking about that, too. "White non-college educated" people. The race thing gets me, too. Democrats call themselves the champions for racial equality and they call Republicans racist, but they are the ones who draw so much attention to race and use such divisive talk. If being white and uneducated, means being able to think for myself, then so be it.

LOL One friend told me she passed an acquaintance at the Post Office and jokingly said, "Hey! Did you just cancel out my vote?!" The other lady said, "Probably! You being a minority and a woman i can't believe you'd vote for Trump!" My friend just said, "How do you know who i voted for?" LOL

As i read thru the voter's pamphlet i had to be so careful. I could tell from Hillary's blurb that you can't trust what it says! I feel so sorry for those that fell for the Clinton propaganda. I don't think Trump is the savior some seem to think he is and i believe we're in for a crazy ride but i'm more peaceful and hopeful than i've been in quite some time over the state of our country.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:18 am 

And then there's this great bit of stereotyping.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-e ... ur-n680106

They noticed that Trump voters drive big pickup trucks. They forgot to mention the gun rack and the hound dog in the pickup trucks, as well as the empty beer cans thrown in the back and the country music playin' on the 8 track tape player ;)

It's funny - this same "research" was reported in a bunch of places, but where it was published greatly influenced what was emphasized in the story.