It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:38 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Thoughts on the debate? Did you watch it?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:26 pm 

My observations: I liked that Trump was able to call out Hilary on some wrong info her campaign keeps spewing (repeat it often and it becomes true), he did make a couple of cheap shots I thought were uncalled for (critiquing her for not doing anything this past week - she's been sick with pneumonia!) The audience was suppose to be silent. I honestly don't think I could have.

I am glad he didn't blow his cool, but he was all over the place. I am glad she didn't lose her cool and start 'talking' in her screaming voice but she started by not answering a question. She also changed topics a few times. Makes me wonder if she can hear okay.

I didn't see any of the after debate commentary. Trump did text message that he 'won' the debate. I think it was a tie. Your thoughts?

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Post subject: Re: Thoughts on the debate? Did you watch it?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:42 am 

I didn't see it and this is the first i've heard any reaction to it. Thanks for sharing your tho'ts on it. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:12 am 

Yeah, Briva, sorry for not responding, but the debate is about as interesting to me as football, this year. (which is to say, I don't know a touchdown from a homerun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:10 pm 

I found it entertaining. I liked watching their reactions to each other's comments. Hilary did bug her eyes out a couple of times.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:28 pm 

I loved some of the things Trump called her out on, but I think he could have hit her even harder. He missed a few opportunities to expose her. I think he feel for their bait and said a few things in defense of himself, that he shouldn't have. They focused too much on things in the past, that I don't care about anymore. Who cares about the birther thing?! Who cares about things that Trump did and said in his private life, he's not a politician, that's why I'm voting for him! But if they wanted to dwell in the past, they could have addressed Hillary's emails, but she brushed over it and Lester didn't press her on it. Who cares about Trumps taxes?! I care more about what Hillary is hiding, than a bunch of tax mumbo jumbo that I wouldn't understand, anyways.

My favorite things Trump said, was when he said he would release his taxes when she releases her emails, and when he said the Democrats only care about minorities, when they want their votes, but then they go on to ignore them and do nothing to help them. Also, when he asked Hillary what she planned on doing, when she hasn't been able to get it done for the past 30 years! Hillary infuriated me, with her racist insults, saying white people have "implicit bias". I'm so tired of hearing Trump get called racist and sexist, when no one is more racist and sexist, than her!

Speaking of bias, Lester Holt was horribly biased. Trump had to debate two people, Hillary and Lester. And when the audience clapped for Trump, he admonished them. When they clapped for Hillary, he ignored it. I'm so tired of bias, period! I didn't even watch the news after the debate, because I can't stomach their bias.

I think Trump could have done better, but I think he won the debate for a couple reasons. First, he was passionate and really seemed to believe what he was saying. I could feel his frustration with politicians and the way our country is going. I could feel his frustration over the pettiness and the focus on irrelevant things. Hillary just stood there, looking doped up, with a giddy smile the whole time, and when she did have something to say, it felt so scripted and fake. A couple times, she just stared at us for awhile, because she couldn't even think of what to say! She was probably being fed lines, through an earpiece. She also blatantly lied, as per usual. Trump missed some opportunities, but for the first 40 minutes, he was on fire. If he brings that to the next two debates, and maintains it throughout the whole debate, if he prepares and stays focused, he will win. Both candidates are saying they won this debate, and of course the biased news says that Hillary won. Only one online poll shows that she won, every other poll shows that voters think Trump won.

So, that's how I feel about that, lol!