It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:03 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: e mail safe?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:04 pm 

http://www.komando.com/tips/index.aspx? ... le_2-title

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Post subject: Re: e mail safe?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:20 am 

I am so not tech saavy. How do people figure all these things out?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:03 am 

I think that anything written in an email, or even on paper, or said on the phone should be communicated with the idea that the entire world could read/hear/see it sometime.

It's really not such a bad persepective, tho - I really think this adult*ery would have never happened if the participants had known it would become front-page news.

The Bible talks about living in the light instead of in the darkness - it's a good image to keep at the forefront of our minds.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:59 am 

I agree that we need to acknowledge that it can become public knowledge, but it is rather unsettling that you can not have privacy from the powers that be, or anyone for that matter. Not all things passed through electronics (or the old fashioned ways) are meant for evil, destructions or... some of it is just private and personal and it is sad to know that the sharing of information can be traced and tracked and made public for all to see. Think of all the diaries that have been written over the years that someone poured their hearts into just to have someone else find them, read them, spread the information. Sometimes we just need to be able to get something out and not have to worry about burning the evidence just in case someone might snoop around, or have no issues with gossip or what have you. How to draw the line between what happened here, and what might have just been private conversations to work through an issue/heart ache...