It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:52 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: car tags being scanned
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:49 pm 

I'm not sure how I feel about this one.
My first instinct is; "This is not good".

http://www.wtoc.com/story/19710594/beau ... te-readers

Post subject: Re: car tags being scanned
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:06 pm 

Tory wrote:
I'm not sure how I feel about this one.
My first instinct is; "This is not good".

http://www.wtoc.com/story/19710594/beau ... te-readers

We went to a funeral in Georgia a while back, for a Sunday school teacher that Earl had when he was growing up.

While I was there I overheard an interesing conversation from two people one was a police officer *(I couldn't help but overhear them they were right beside me and they were not talking quietly or acting like they didn't want to be heard, I wasn't on purpose trying to overhear anyone)

But what I heard them say was they were being issued hand held scanners that they could use to scan car tags with, then with that car tag information they can find out the name of the person who owns the car, where they live, the names of their neighbors, their phone numbers, everyone connected with them even their doctors information, (how true that is I don't know but they were talking about how
much information they can get just from a car tag, and were talking about how people really didn't know just how much information was available just from a car tag,) then they moved on to talking about how much information they can get from a persons drivers liscense, and so on, they were very talkative, along those lines, lol

I don't know exactly why they were talking about those topics, I think maybe they'd just got the scanners there or something, they were in Fannin County Georgia, (I don't know the name of the town, I'm thinking McCaseville but I may be wrong)

Anyway, I can see the scanners as both good and bad, and in some ways more bad because it is just another personal privacy that has been taken away, at the moment I don't really believe there is any personal privacy, but it is because of a few people being ignorant and doing horrible things that everyone is facing the consquenses of those actions, just my opinion of the matter.

If a child is kidnapped or someone with any form of dementia has been taken by vechical or driven themselves away it may be a very helpful too to finding them safely before they are harmed. But on the other hand if this country goes into a nazi like state more so than it already is, it could be a very serious problem for anyone that the government decides is a threat whether a true threat or not. Because if someone were trying to get away from an area they may could be found and stopped before they had time to get away. And I'm not meaning criminals I mean people who are not criminals or people committing any kind of crime, just people that the government wants to silence or decides should be placed in prisons or worse, like happened in Nazi Germany for example.

Anyways thats my two cents worth, lol