It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:31 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Re: Gender Equality on the Battlefield
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:17 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
You're not understanding what I'm saying, Stacy. The moral environment in the military is 10\ times as bad as the worst college you've ever heard of. There is NO WAY I would allow by daughter to go there with my consent. I'm not talking about the rare instance of force that the news blows way out of proportion.

I understand what you are saying Anna. The military and the world, itself is no different. And I'm not commenting on college life, either. We live in a morally declining world where everything and anything goes. That's life. I can't bubble wrap my daughter because there are immoral people out there. When she holds a job off campus or someday with her career field, she could have a manager or supervisor trying to force her "by order" to do despicable things to keep her job. She needs to learn to stand up to these bullies because that is what they are. I have known girls/women that have been raped, in and out of the military. I am not naive to what goes on.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:18 pm 

StacyinTN wrote:
Anna1111 wrote:
You're not understanding what I'm saying, Stacy. The moral environment in the military is 10\ times as bad as the worst college you've ever heard of. There is NO WAY I would allow by daughter to go there with my consent. I'm not talking about the rare instance of force that the news blows way out of proportion.

I understand what you are saying Anna. The military and the world, itself is no different. And I'm not commenting on college life, either. We live in a morally declining world where everything and anything goes. That's life. I can't bubble wrap my daughter because there are immoral people out there. When she holds a job off campus or someday with her career field, she could have a manager or supervisor trying to force her "by order" to do despicable things to keep her job. She needs to learn to stand up to these bullies because that is what they are. I have known girls/women that have been raped, in and out of the military. I am not naive to what goes on.

Anna (and Lisa), I have truly enjoyed this chat, but I spent most of the day on here and I do need to get off and get other things done around the house. Feel free to carry on without me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:24 pm 

Lisa & I agree - we'll let you go.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:52 am 

Just to clarify for any observers reading this - It never occurred to me to mention ra*pe in the military - because it is exceeding rare (contrary to news reports). I would never say that a woman who was a ra*pe victim was engaging in 1mm0ral1ty.

Nor were my comments limited to women - the pressures are strongly on both genders.

I'm not trying to get things rolling again - just wanted to clarify that the one comment of mine had apparently been misunderstood.