It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: $50 lesson
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:09 am 

Recently, while I was working in the flower beds in the front yard, my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog.

During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted to be when she grew up.
She said she wanted to be President someday. Both of her parents, Democrat Party members, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?" She replied... "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people." Her parents beamed with pride!
"Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said..."But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that!"
"What do you mean?" she replied.
So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house."
She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"
I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."
Her parents aren't speaking to me anymore.
If you know any Republicans that would get a chuckle out of this, share it with them. Most Democrats will just delete it...

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26