It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: I admit it!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:34 pm 

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/07/ ... for-women/

A German town has (tongue in cheek) created "women's" (easy) and "men's" (ultra-difficult) parking spots.

DH and I fit this stereotype (rather embarrassingly for me) - he can park anywhere, I prefer the entire deck of an aircraft carrier.

(Mom, on the other hand, fit the male stereotype - she was great at parking!)

Apparently, in China they also have women's parking!

Post subject: Re: I admit it!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:42 pm 

I think this is humorous!! I'd gladly use them. I don't like parking, partly because I do worry about hitting someone - eventually, but also because as a woman/mom I am often having to get bags of groceries, backpacks, baby seats, diaper bags out of a parked car, and there is often not enough room to negotiate without having to worry about the door hitting the car next to it.

Hey, if a woman decided she really wanted to negotiate the narrower spaces, or a guy wanted more room - you know they'll take the spot themselves.

My Mom used to be able to parallel park amazingly when I was younger. She was always spot on. Now, she needs the aircrat carrier deck. I've always been adequate.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:36 pm 

I think ALL parking spaces should be wider, for the reasons that Pam listed and also for those people who really CAN'T park and they park halfway into the next parking space and you can't park there. That is so annoying! Not sure why it has to be a woman thing, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:30 pm 

Probably because women are more vocal about wanting wider spaces.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:18 pm 

Parking spaces are getting smaller, because cars are getting smaller. However, not everyone drives a smaller car!!!
So then it becomes a problem trying to fit a regular sized car into these smaller spaces.
I hate parking. My ds can park way easier than I can. He likes that and it makes me mad, lol! I tell him it's because he never knew the larger spaces I am used to parking in. He's used to the smaller spots that they have now. Hey, I'm the mom I can place blame where ever I want! ;)