It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Ole cuts the grass
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:31 am 

This is an example of Minnesotan Norwegian-Americans poking fun at their heritage, Ole and Lena are a married couple:

One night, a torrential rain soaked northwestern Minnesota. The next morning the resulting floodwaters came up about 6 feet into most of the homes there.

Mrs. Johnson was sitting on her roof with her neighbor, Lena, waiting for help to come. Mrs. Johnson noticed a baseball cap, floating near the house.

Then she saw it float far out into the front yard, then float back to the house; it kept floating away from the house, then back towards the house.

Her curiosity got the best of her, so she asked Lena, "Do you see dat der baseball cap a floatin' away from da house, den back again?"

Lena said, "Oh yeah, dats my husband Ole; I tole dat lazy-such and such he vasgonna cut da grass today, come hell or high water!!!!

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Post subject: Re: Ole cuts the grass
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:05 pm 

:shock:

Poor man!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:18 pm 

So Sven asked Ole if he would paint his porch. "I'll pay you $10. The paint is in the back of the house near the porch." So Ole agreed to paint Sven's porch. Later that day Sven met Ole in the store. "So, Ole, did you paint my porch?" "Ya, I painted your porch. But Sven, are you sure it is a porch? It looked like a Volvo to me."

So Sven and Ole are out driving together and Sven says, "Ole, would you look out and see if my turn signal is working?" Ole looks out and says, :Ya. No. Ya. No. Ya. No. Ya. No......"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:59 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: