It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:20 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: With lots of love in my heart..
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:39 pm 

How is Mary's family doing? I think of all of you so much, and was thinking of her and her battle. Hope its OK to ask. I have been away so long, I'm trying to see how everyone is.

Post subject: Re: With lots of love in my heart..
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:30 pm 

I was just thinking of Mary this morning.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:41 pm 

I miss Mary, too. She was a wonderful person, terrific mom, and a great friend and mentor to so many homeschoolers....newbies and veterans alike! She was a true servant of the Lord.

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:47 pm 

I believe SoCalPam stays in touch with the family. I miss Mary, too.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:59 pm 

I believe her dh got remarried. I cannot remember what the kids are up to though. Maybe Pam can update when she has a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:15 am 

Location: The O.C. -- 7 miles from D'land, 7 miles from the beach
Howdy: Here's all the news...

It has been almost five years since Mary passed on. It seems like just yesterday, doesn't it?

Robin, Mary's husband, married last year. His new wife, Debbie, is a long-time homeschooler and friend of the family. She works as a labor and delivery nurse at a big hospital nearby. Her own husband had a sudden heart attack about two years ago, which came as a huge surprise. She and Robin began attending the same grief-oriented bible study and the rest is history :o) They are ideally suited -- it's astonishing how well suited they are. Her late husband was apparently kind of a dynamo, like Mary. Debbie and Robin love to take life a little slower. They hike, recently were in Catalina with some of their kids, snorkeling, and she's REALLY into the outdoors, as is he. They are living in Robin's home with Kristine, her eldest daughter (25) and Robin's son Danny (18).

Debbie has 3 daughters. One of her daughters is an EMT and lives down the hill (but she comes up to visit quite a bit). Her youngest married last year and is living with her husband, who is in the army. They are all lovely and get along with the Leggewies really well.

Yvette, Mary's daughter, has been living in Washington with her boyfriend's family for the past few years (he lives in an apartment elsewhere). She's going to school, working, still riding horses, and just made a really neat new mermaid tail for herself! She and I trade gardening tips on Facebook. No plans to marry as yet, from what I hear. I forget how old she is; I think she's 24.

Roger is nearly 21. He's been living up the road a piece from us for the past couple of years. He works at Disneyland and for another company, drives a motorcycle, and is an all-around neat guy. He comes over on occasion to hang with my son, Jack. Roger's plan is to become a policeman and he's been in school for that. He's taking a break right now to try and save some money because he can't support himself and be in school as much as he needs to at the same time. He has a nice girlfriend I haven't met yet :o)

Danny is 18. He and Kristine were just here for a few days crashing on the couch and hitting the beach with my boys. Danny also has a motorcycle and works at a couple of jobs. He's not in school at the moment and I'm not sure he has plans to go right now.

Everyone is healthy and happy. Robin and Debbie came down and spent the Fourth with us and some of their kids. Our boys had made a pilgrimage to Nevada to purchase a huge amount of fireworks, and they had a fabulous time shooting them all off. Debbie brought her late husband's parents over to share our good time; they were really nice and we all had a lot of fun.

I think that's about it! All our boys are still great friends and now that they have their own transportation, they tend to get together without me tagging along. My son has a car, and so does Kristine, so they all pile in and off they go.

I think Mary would be very happy with the way things have turned out. I'm sure she'd like to see more school in Roger and Danny's lives, but that may come with time. They are all personable, well-spoken, intelligent, friendly folks and we love them.

I am a retired homeschooler with brilliant beautiful Godly boys who please and surprise me every day. I live with my sweet hubby of 22 years. Life changes all the time, but God has blessed us with the ability to keep our eyes on His prize.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:04 pm 

Thank you!! I'm so happy they are happy and well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:13 pm 

Pam, thanks for the update. It is so good to hear that they are all happy and healthy. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:43 pm 

Thank you for the update Pam. I'm happy to hear that Yvette is doing well. I just love that she is still making mermaid tails!!! It sure doesn't seem like 5 years ago.