It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Am i missing?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:40 am 

I feel like I haven't been here in ages!!! I've been stuck in my head, I guess. :?

My new puter won't put this page as my homepage - or I haven't figured out how to do it yet even tho' I see where to change it and have tried. But anyways, …. i'm checking in now and see it's been quiet.

I miss hearing how everyone's doing in their homeschooling endeavors, what programs you've enjoyed, or not, and how your families are. I am still drawn to curriculum and have to force myself to leave it alone! LOL

There's a hitch with my dd and grandson coming here. His father, after agreeing to them coming out here for 6 mos, put a court order against her leaving the state! She went for an emergency hearing and the judge wouldn't listen to her at all just stating that "obviously he changed his mind"! She got the court order the day before she was to leave!!! That means the house she was renting is now sitting empty with all her furniture and stuff in storage. :( Her pastor has taken her in for now but her court date isn't until Mar 25!

The court *could* say she's homeless and therefore grant custody to the dad - who's living with his mother! I know it doesn't seem probably but this is the same court district that granted my Navy dd's ex custody because she "abandoned" her kids when she was deployed to Qatar!!

We know God is in control. He may have different plans for her than we anticipated.

Dh continues with chemo this week - beginning his 2nd month now but with a higher dose.

And i am on a fitness adventure. ;) I've signed up for a 5 day pilates challenge beginning tomorrow. The following monday i start a 30 day pilates/food plan/mindset change challenge! When THAT is over (April 10) i am lined up for a 30 "booty" challenge (which is really just a toning class) and a nutrition tracker.

Each one builds on the previous - even tho' they are not related at all. I am hoping this will begin a fitness habit for me.

I am continually asking God to give me direction for this time of my life. Ever drawing closer to Him is #1. :D

Post subject: Re: Am i missing?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:14 pm 

It's so nice to "see" you, Sis! You'll have to figure out how to make this your homepage again!

School is just going along nicely for us - we just finished a 3 week break, and got our portfolio review done for complying with state requirements for finishing the school year (I do Jan-Dec, so we're "done" now, and starting a new year). My portfolio reviewer (who is no pushover!) was very complimentary :D

Curriculum? We'll I don't use many formal materials, but have recently loved Wes Olson's Science "101" series. They're truly great! https://the101series.com/
And, there's so much now that *I'm* learning - as a friend eloquently put it, I'm less "teacher" and more "classmate" nowadays ;) Truly, I learned more from his Chemistry 101- by far- than I learned in high school chemistry : ) And, even better, DD and I both ENJOYED watching it!

So sorry that your DD's visit is postponed in such a frustrating way! Could your ask your DH's doc to write a letter for the court, to lend credence to the need for a long out-of state trip? I'm glad the pastor took them in - it's so important to have Church family in a situation like this!

I'm glad your DH's chemo is going well. That's a blessing.

You're so good to always be doing some exercise or fitness thing. I keep hoping that they'll make "walking from the toy department to the dairy at walmart" a fitness event ; ) It's VERY far - it SHOULD qualify!

Post subject: Re: Am i missing?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:35 pm 
Site Owner

Glad to hear about the fitness! I hope Dh's chemo will continue to go well. :o)