It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Hi, don't hate me!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:00 pm 

I feel awful I disappeared for so long, I honestly don't have an excuse. I also disappeared from another board I was visiting, so it's nothing personal, I think of you all often and plan on logging in and then it just never happens! I have been trying to keep afloat with my college classes and even during my breaks, I spend most of my time trying to get the rest of my life back together and take care of things that were neglected during the semester. I feel like I've been in survival mode.

Anyways, I got so overwhelmed with everything that I put the three older kids on the waiting list for a charter school last year and then enrolled them in the local school district. So they have all been in public school this year, but the two oldest finally had a spot open up for them at the charter school and they just started going there last month. Xavier is still on the waiting list, but he's doing well in Kindergarten and has a good teacher. Saphira has been doing well in school from the start, but Christian has been struggling and I'm about to meet with his teachers at the new school to see how they can best help him. It's an award winning school, with smaller class sizes and the teachers tailor the instruction to each child's individual needs.

I'm really happy I finally put them in school because I feel like I was failing them with homeschooling. I am supposed to graduate from my college program this summer and I'm starting to look for a job now. It's all so crazy, so much going on all at once. I hope everyone on here is doing well, I am finally caught up with my classes for the time being so I hope I can come on here more because I do miss everyone. I hope I can still visit even though I'm not homeschooling anymore (unless you count Adrian, who is preschool age, lol).

Post subject: Re: Hi, don't hate me!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:17 pm 

SO nice to hear from you, Lisa! I think of you often & wonder how you're doing, but knew of no way to reach you.

I'm delighted to hear from you & know that you & the kids are doing well. I hope your Mom is still well, too.

I'd love to see you here more often, if you're able : )

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:07 pm 
Site Owner

Congrats on graduating from your program!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:00 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
SO nice to hear from you, Lisa! I think of you often & wonder how you're doing, but knew of no way to reach you.

I'm delighted to hear from you & know that you & the kids are doing well. I hope your Mom is still well, too.

Thank you! My mom is doing great! She's been keeping busy going to the YMCA 2-3x a week for swimming arobics, volunteering at the local pregnancy center, and going to church functions/lunches with her friends. And of course helping me out with the kids when I have class, I don't know how I would manage without her help.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:02 pm 

Martha R. wrote:
Congrats on graduating from your program!!

Thank you! :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:08 pm 

LisaTX wrote:
Anna1111 wrote:

Thank you! My mom is doing great! She's been keeping busy going to the YMCA 2-3x a week for swimming arobics, volunteering at the local pregnancy center, and going to church functions/lunches with her friends. And of course helping me out with the kids when I have class, I don't know how I would manage without her help.

So glad to hear that she's doing well! She sounds like a powerhouse of energy : )

And it's wonderful that you have her to help you :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:14 pm 

Hi Lisa! It's so good to hear from you! :) Yes, please drop in often and let us know what's up with you and yours. It's pretty quiet here these days.

I am experiencing computer issues and having a hard time checking in myself! My nurse dd and her 6yo will be moving in for 6 months! They'll be here in 2 weeks and i'm trying to get ready for that change. Actually, plenty going on here but i'll save that for another time. :)