It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: What is WRONG with you people?!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:48 am 

So, the little neighbor boy (private schooled) came over to ask DD to play. I explained that she was taking a shower, and then would need to finish school before playing.

He's been sick - so maybe playing wasn't such a good idea anyway? He informed me that he hadn't thrown up *today.*

I was firm - no playing right now.

Ten minutes later, he was back, insistently knocking on the door. I opened the door, and he informed me. "You know, the bus has already come."

What bus? I inquired.

The Bus. You know!

The one that brings the kids from school!

I'm pretty sure that the implication was that nobody in their right mind would still be having school when the BUS had come & dropped kids off from the public school! :roll: :lol:

Bet he's glad he doesn't go to *my* school! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: What is WRONG with you people?!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:27 pm 

He probably got sick at school. Too bad his mum doesn't love him enough to homeschool him. I am still fighting the vestiges of the flu I got at daycare. I have resigned, hoping to clear my lungs and get healthy.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:56 pm 

Ahh - he's got a very good Mom - she loves him a lot. But, the parents are both critically ill and homeschool just wouldn't be an option for them. : ( They do send him to a Christian school : )

He's a sweet little kid : )

So sorry that that you got sick! And sorry you had to resign - I had the impression that you liked the job pretty well : (

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:26 pm 

It sure seems like i have read this "story" before! LOL He's a funny little guy. It's so interesting to me to hear how others think.

I'm on a board on which decluttering is talked about, and other things. Some of the women have more than 80 pairs of shoes! :shock: Why? How? I don't get that thinking at ALL! We've also discussed the pros and cons of folding your laundry right out of the dryer versus stacking 3 loads on the couch/bed to fold at your leisure. Some also like to scrapbook their planner using tons of stickers and pics and sayings while other just use it is a "draft page" for their life. And then there are those that have CREDIT CARDS that are used SOLELY for their PETS!!! :o

And then, of course, there are the neighbors that don't "get" homeschooling. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:51 pm 

Sis wrote:
It sure seems like i have read this "story" before! LOL He's a funny little guy. It's so interesting to me to hear how others think.

I'm on a board on which decluttering is talked about, and other things. Some of the women have more than 80 pairs of shoes! :shock: Why? How? I don't get that thinking at ALL! We've also discussed the pros and cons of folding your laundry right out of the dryer versus stacking 3 loads on the couch/bed to fold at your leisure. Some also like to scrapbook their planner using tons of stickers and pics and sayings while other just use it is a "draft page" for their life. And then there are those that have CREDIT CARDS that are used SOLELY for their PETS!!! :o

And then, of course, there are the neighbors that don't "get" homeschooling. :lol:

LOL! Those answers are all very obvious to ME! Here are your answers: ;)

One only needs sooo many pairs of black crocs. And that's pretty much all I wear. so, yeah, "80 pairs" are CRAZY talk! (I do like summer & winter versions. any chance the lady with the question is Imelda Marcos? ; )

Definitely out-of-the-dryer. Prevents wrinkles : ) I DON'T iron!

Scrapbook? they don't have a big box to throw their pics into? Or a DVD to store them on? :ugeek:

Now that I've answered all your friends' difficult dilemmas: :geek:

In the little boy's defense - he's just in first grade - he has NO idea that we start hours later than he does - or even how to do the math to figure out instructional hours - or what instructional hours ARE. He just knew he wanted DD to come play with him - and *I* was keeping that from happening!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:23 pm 

Oh, i tho't he was a LITTLE older. When dgs was living here he was CONSTANTLY asking if he could go ask the neighbor kid to play - the one 3 years younger or 5 years older - he didn't care. LOL