It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: A little under the weather
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:38 pm 

I am on day two of my nearly yearly three day head cold. It's what I believe innoculates me from getting the flu. Got turkey day fixings early monday. I am roasting a chicken, since ds doesn't really like turkey and the recall or worry about samonella.

Its still very ugly in town. I am going to hang all my Christmas lights on my debris pile, maybe spray some fake snow on it. Any ideas on how to make it look festive? A Santa scarecrow?

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Post subject: Re: A little under the weather
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:56 pm 

Briva wrote:
I am on day two of my nearly yearly three day head cold. It's what I believe innoculates me from getting the flu. Got turkey day fixings early monday. I am roasting a chicken, since ds doesn't really like turkey and the recall or worry about samonella.

Its still very ugly in town. I am going to hang all my Christmas lights on my debris pile, maybe spray some fake snow on it. Any ideas on how to make it look festive? A Santa scarecrow?

:) Looks like you're making the best of things. Almost past the head cold, changing out turkey or chicken and decorating in the midst of devastation!!! WOW!!! You win!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:03 pm 

You're doing great, Briva : ) DD is sick this week, too : (

I didn't know about a Turkey recall! But, we're not having any, so I guess it's all good.

I don't have any brilliant decorating ideas - my Mom always said that I was so oblivious to my surroundings, that if she moved the living room furniture around, I wouldn't know until I started to sit down and fell on the floor. And it's very true.

But, to me, kindness is what makes a place beautiful. I just came back from the grocery, and everyone was so polite, friendly and cordial - it really made things pleasant & festive : )

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:54 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
You're doing great, Briva : ) DD is sick this week, too : (

I didn't know about a Turkey recall! But, we're not having any, so I guess it's all good.

I don't have any brilliant decorating ideas - my Mom always said that I was so oblivious to my surroundings, that if she moved the living room furniture around, I wouldn't know until I started to sit down and fell on the floor. And it's very true.

But, to me, kindness is what makes a place beautiful. I just came back from the grocery, and everyone was so polite, friendly and cordial - it really made things pleasant & festive : )

Now i want some cordial! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:28 pm 

Those little chocolate covered cherry cordials are yummy! I can eat a whole box at a sitting :oops:

Of course, the other sorts are nice, too ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:33 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
Those little chocolate covered cherry cordials are yummy! I can eat a whole box at a sitting :oops:

Of course, the other sorts are nice, too ;)

Mmmm. yum! I fell in love with cordials when i saw *cordial glasses*!!!!! :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:41 am 

Sadly - the kind that don't come in a box covered with chocolates really aren't my thing. I'm weird - I know :|