It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: First monday!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:54 am 

I'm off to a good start, what about you?! :D

It certainly could be starting off well because of the glorious sunrise! 8-)

Or that i've been able to make myself do a few things i always have a hard time making myself do - like exercise!

With only 17 days until Thanksgiving :o i am HAPPY to say i did NOT volunteer for anything! There's a dinner at church and i will ask what needs filled in on the last sunday - or not! It is SO time to hand the reins over to the next generation! :ugeek:

Post subject: Re: First monday!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:20 pm 

What do you mean, "Next generation?!"

In a lot of Churches, folks your age ARE the "next generation!" :mrgreen:

Sunrise? I didn't hear anything about that! I seldom stay up that late nowadays ;)

I refuse to "do" Thanksgiving. I'm voting for Golden Corral, unless DH has a better idea :ugeek:

Post subject: Re: First monday!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:11 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
What do you mean, "Next generation?!"

In a lot of Churches, folks your age ARE the "next generation!" :mrgreen:

Sunrise? I didn't hear anything about that! I seldom stay up that late nowadays ;)

I refuse to "do" Thanksgiving. I'm voting for Golden Corral, unless DH has a better idea :ugeek:

We wouldn't probably do Thanksgiving either but our church is putting a dinner on for the families that do not HAVE family around here or maybe have family they'd like to avoid by having "other plans". :lol:

Nope. The ONE elderly lady that's left is incapable of more than the eating aspect - she's almost 90 and bent over and forgetful. Love her!

We are the next ones down and YES, we are the ones that do "everything" from sunday school to cleaning the church. Our 40 somethings are not lending themselves to helping out much - they tend to run off and ... i dunno - i know one family is dealing with her mom's cancer treatments out of town. So we have one family in their 20's that is gung ho to do everything they can. She, especially, loves to do artistic and homey things like barista and posters. She's heading up the Thanksgiving thing so we'll see how she does. I told her to delegate wherever possible. Another family has definitely stepped up to the plate this year (is probably in their 30's). They may be her "right-hand man". :) A couple college boys do what they're told but don't seem to have any incentive of their own - that's ok. We need them, too! :lol: So far the others haven't committed.

Yes, there is still sunrise. I saw it this morning! Before the clouds arrived. :roll: