It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:20 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Been MIA!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:07 pm 

I think i mentioned what i was doing this week but it's been a whirlwind! After church sunday we had a get-together. Monday morning we went out of town. We had to drive with 3 dogs and a lovebird and all our junk! I ran to the "local" pet shop since we were in town and found a little bird travel cage! :mrgreen:

It started raining on the way up and hasn't quit yet! :roll:

Wednesday we had the Fall Festival that i opened my mouth about planning. Since i procrastinated til the last minute *I* had to do it all! Not thinking we were going to be out of town in an unfamiliar place and not able to cook the chili (!) i just went along... tum te dum... Until tuesday evening. Realizing the situation i told dh i needed to get going as early as possible in the morning and we left by 7:15. I had to do all the shopping (in an unfamiliar Super Walmart) and cook the chili and cornbread (4 batches), print out games and coloring pages (which i left on my puter where we were staying), get everything to the church and set up. It came together ok but i am never opening my mouth again!!! :P

So thankful that's over. I slept in this morning and then cleaned up the kitchen from the day before. It was so nice to have it over with that i didn't even mind the mess.

Then we made our way back up here, a two hour drive on a good day, with all the dogs and bird... again. They were very good this time - no whining or trying to tear the car up. :roll: We are here til saturday. The weather report indicates possible rain the whole time. bleh We shouldn't complain; we've had gorgeous weather forever. But it does put a damper on getting out and about.

Post subject: Re: Been MIA!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:03 pm 

So glad you checked in - that DOES sound like a wild week!

When I enlisted years ago, all the WWII vets I knew gave me the same advice "NEVER VOLUNTEER!"

It has served me well ; )

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:19 am 

Anna1111 wrote:
So glad you checked in - that DOES sound like a wild week!

When I enlisted years ago, all the WWII vets I knew gave me the same advice "NEVER VOLUNTEER!"

It has served me well ; )

I don't know what got into me! Yes, i do! It was all hormones. I felt it. I feel so blessed that things kicked back in at the last minute. :) My mind was clear. Dh said he tho't i was spending to much mental time on it but little does he know i was putting the shopping list in the order i'd find it in the store so i could shop quicker and more efficiently - and it worked well to HIS benefit. He had to stay in the car because the puppy decided to start chewing on the upholstery!!! :shock: He couldn't be left after that.

Besides the shopping list i wrote down the recipe for the chili and cornbread i was using and THAT was a good thing because i left my puter out of town! He doesn't do the mental preparation for things - he just DOES them and he gets more DONE than i do. But he backtracks a lot. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:29 pm 

Sis wrote:
He doesn't do the mental preparation for things - he just DOES them and he gets more DONE than i do. But he backtracks a lot. ;)

Hmmm. Sounds like my dh. Must be a guy thing. My dh makes lists of supplies he may need but that takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r then shopping for them takes forever. He always, always forgets to get stuff he needs or buys stuff he has to return. He just loves being at the hardware store. Me, I hate shopping. I make lists according to the stores aisles so I am in and out in the least amount of time.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:27 pm 

Briva wrote:
Sis wrote:
He doesn't do the mental preparation for things - he just DOES them and he gets more DONE than i do. But he backtracks a lot. ;)

Hmmm. Sounds like my dh. Must be a guy thing. My dh makes lists of supplies he may need but that takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r then shopping for them takes forever. He always, always forgets to get stuff he needs or buys stuff he has to return. He just loves being at the hardware store. Me, I hate shopping. I make lists according to the stores aisles so I am in and out in the least amount of time.

I don't hate shopping; i quite enjoy it. But, i don't like backtracking so much. ;) I also make my list according to aisle - always. If i'm shopping somewhere different (like all this week!) i list according to "subject". :mrgreen: Dh, otoh, doesn't even make a list. He needs something and he goes to get it. If he gets home and, oops!, forgot an important component, he usually sends ME back in to get it!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:37 pm 

In our family, I'm the just-go-and-do-it (even if it's wrong) one, whereas DH is the skilled planner. I don't think it's a gender-based thing : )