It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: I hate computers!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:14 pm 

Mine is messing up and it's so aggravating. I wish i could live without one! :? I may be forced to at some point and i'm sure i'll live but i REALLY REALLY appreciate the quick "look up" and printing abilities it gives me - especially for sunday school lessons. sigh

And i might have to resort to using the PHONE when i want to contact someone or ... snail mail!

And recipes?!! (Like i don't have more than enuf already!) How would i look up recipes?!!! :shock:

Dh and i were talking about it and he asked backing stuff up. :evil: Every time i have backed things up i've not been able to access it on the new puter. I have cd's from one puter and an external hard drive for another. Neither work with my current puter. argh So, needless to say, i can't trust "backing up".

I may be ranting for nothing. Maybe this puter will last another 5 years?! Who knows. Yeah - i know 5 years in puter-speak is like speaking dinosaur. sigh

Ok,, back to your regularly scheduled surfing. :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: I hate computers!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:52 pm 

For backup, I have had great results with 2 methods:

1. burn to CD and save in drawer.

2. (which is more fun than 1 ; ) I email to myself things that I want to save. Then my email server saves them FOR me : ) I can access them on any internet-connected computer, anywhere I get email.

3. Of course, for pictures, some of the many services online seem to be okay (shutterfly, picasa, google photos, etc) BUT - it's difficult or impossible to download them again by the 100's - you have to do one at a time : ( But, certainly better than losing them if your computer crashes.

BTW - we LOVE computers! Couldn't do school or much else without them! BUT -like dearly loved family - they're sometimes a little frustrating ; )

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:10 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
For backup, I have had great results with 2 methods:

1. burn to CD and save in drawer.

2. (which is more fun than 1 ; ) I email to myself things that I want to save. Then my email server saves them FOR me : ) I can access them on any internet-connected computer, anywhere I get email.

3. Of course, for pictures, some of the many services online seem to be okay (shutterfly, picasa, google photos, etc) BUT - it's difficult or impossible to download them again by the 100's - you have to do one at a time : ( But, certainly better than losing them if your computer crashes.

BTW - we LOVE computers! Couldn't do school or much else without them! BUT -like dearly loved family - they're sometimes a little frustrating ; )

#2 is what works best for me. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:19 pm 

Me, too! :D