It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Three times THIS WEEK
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:22 pm 

I've had a public school parent tell me that the schools aren't teaching their kids the basics of reading & math. The parents asked me (as a homeschooler) what they can do to help their kids.

The schools send Kindergartners home with "F" grades on papers (mind you, this is only OCTOBER) and declare that the parents aren't teaching them enough at home. It seems to me that the schools WANT parents to homeschool ALL children. The schools just want to take the credit for it :roll:

How can there be so MANY families who are being failed by the public school system, yet they still keep their doors open (I guess the answer is obvious - the parents have to work, and it's free childcare :( )

It just bothers me so much, that the kids are being failed so badly. Makes me want to tutor them all myself!

Post subject: Re: Three times THIS WEEK
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:35 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
I've had a public school parent tell me that the schools aren't teaching their kids the basics of reading & math. The parents asked me (as a homeschooler) what they can do to help their kids.

The schools send Kindergartners home with "F" grades on papers (mind you, this is only OCTOBER) and declare that the parents aren't teaching them enough at home. It seems to me that the schools WANT parents to homeschool ALL children. The schools just want to take the credit for it :roll:

How can there be so MANY families who are being failed by the public school system, yet they still keep their doors open (I guess the answer is obvious - the parents have to work, and it's free childcare :( )

It just bothers me so much, that the kids are being failed so badly. Makes me want to tutor them all myself!

YIKES! That's terrible! I think they are focusing on too many OTHER things. Schools need to get back to basics. I'm glad dgs has "mastered" the 4 basic math concepts (+-*/) and is learning geometry now. They're already good readers. Writing? Well, that seems to be a thing of the past! ;)