It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Feast of Tabernacles
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:56 pm 

A family in a nearby town had a Feast of Tabernacles open house for anybody that wanted to drop by; so, i did! :mrgreen:

Nobody else wanted to go and it was hard to make myself go yet, i felt pretty comfortable because i knew what it was. I tried to make myself at home. I didn't know anybody. I think everybody else there was from OUT of town. There were only about 15-20 people when i was there.

I had the fish chowder and challah bread with some apple something for dessert. I joined in the tour for the other couple that didn't seem to be from their synagogue. They showed us their house, their barn and animals. They are Messianic so i want to say they are Jews? but, i'm assuming. They don't "look" Jewish by nationality?

Anyways, i'm glad i stepped out of my comfort zone and went. Dh said if he'd have known i felt that way he would've gone with me. I think it was good for me to go alone.

The drive home was a beautiful sunset drive! I feel blessed.

Post subject: Re: Feast of Tabernacles
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:44 pm 

Glad you had a lovely time - and very courageous of you to go alone : )

I wouldn't be surprised if your hosts were not ethnically Jewish. I've very seldom met Messianic Jews who actually were ethnically Jewish - most that I've met were Protestants who became interested in the Jewish roots of Christianity. (I cannot easily find any actual statistics of their membership online).

Most of the Jews I know who become Christian - simply become "regular" Christians (or however you want to phrase that ; )

This is a favorite essay that is written by a man who was born Jewish and now is an Orthodox Christian Priest. I love his personal story at the beginning : )

http://www.protomartyr.org/our-faith/which-came-first-the-church-or-the-new-testament/