It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Out of the mouths of babes
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:29 pm 

So, today I was telling DD about an article I read in which a homeschool Mom itemized her expenses. They were off-the-chart wasteful (from my frame of reference).

At one point I said, "And she spent $30 on a homeschool planner that she never used!"

DD, "What's a homeschool planner, Mom? How big are they?"

I described.

"Couldn't she just have written that stuff down in a regular notebook - like from the dollar tree?" :idea:

Post subject: Re: Out of the mouths of babes
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:53 pm 

When *I* start a project - like homeschooling, sewing, scrapbooking or what-have-you... i have been prone to go "all out" as far as my budget would allow. I would LOVE to have a "homeschooling planner"!!! We had school desks, a pencil sharpener and pencils and a flag so we could say the pledge and all that stuff. I had a grid thing to mark grades and subjects and kept track of hours and pages and ........ :shock:

Yeah. THANKFULLY, i put the K in public school so didn't have that craziness going on our first year. :mrgreen: Time went by and by the time i was homeschooling dgd she was doing math while hanging upside down and doing schoolwork in the car on the way to town - or out of town. I would change curriculum that wasn't working and focused more on life skills than things that didn't matter in the real world. I like to expose the kids to classics and musicals and any opportunities that came up over book work. I even used curriculum from the college library that was used by the students working to BECOME teachers. :)

THIS is evolution. ;)