It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Can dogs see and hear ...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:08 pm 

Let me explain. Long ago, we had a dog that responded to the animals on the tv. He ran up to it and looked behind it to see where they'd gone. Then he sniffed at the tv and discovered it didn't smell like anything living and was never again interested!

When any of us our away from home we often face time or call home and we talk to the animals (mainly dogs). Most of them act like they can't even hear over the devices. They totally ignore everyone. But, this new dog of mine, he responded to HIS family! He started barking and trying to get up on my lap (he weighs like 70 lb!). He got so excited i had to shoo him out of the room!

So, now i'm curious! Is it a "talent" only some dogs possess?

Post subject: Re: Can dogs see and hear ...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:20 am 

It's a great question, Sis. I have also noticed that some animals are into screens and some aren't - but I have no idea WHY!

Is your new dog adopted? Was he seeing his former family?

We had one cat who was genetically deaf (it's very common amongst male white cats with blue eyes) and of course, HE didn't hear anything.

But the others? . . . . .

Post subject: Re: Can dogs see and hear ...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:16 am 

Anna1111 wrote:
It's a great question, Sis. I have also noticed that some animals are into screens and some aren't - but I have no idea WHY!

Is your new dog adopted? Was he seeing his former family?

We had one cat who was genetically deaf (it's very common amongst male white cats with blue eyes) and of course, HE didn't hear anything.

But the others? . . . . .

Yes, my dd bro't him to us and i was face-timing them. He didn't pay any attention until they talked to him. He's also gone up to the screen if he hears dogs barking on it. :)