It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: just to let you know how my weight loss has been going
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:09 pm 

I found the perfect formula for me
carbs less than 15 a day
protein 80 grs a day
fat 100 grs a day
veggies only in the evening with a meal
it works for me

Post subject: Re: just to let you know how my weight loss has been going
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:11 pm 

LindaS wrote:
I found the perfect formula for me
carbs less than 15 a day
protein 80 grs a day
fat 100 grs a day
veggies only in the evening with a meal
it works for me

I was going to ask you about how your way of eating was going. You beat me to it!!! How wonderful to find the perfect formula! I'm still working on it.

Have you lost more weight?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:55 pm 

two months ago I started keto and I guess I lost some inches doing it but no actual weight on the scale. then after a month may two pounds. I know you lose inches before pounds but I prefer to see pounds.
I changed that I do not do milk, cheese, only two eggs a day. I found that doing atkins meals once a day helps me.
In July I was 176 now almost two months later scale finally is moving and I am down to 166 , with keto I could not eat all that fat. I found out what fat, ;protein and carbs work for me.Hopeing that by my birthday the first week of october I can be down 12 pounds or more.
I am doing set ups with the thing I have https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/core-max-total-body-training-system-18edhucrmxxxxxxxxeac/18edhucrmxxxxxxxxeac?camp=CSE:DSG_pg103542_ecom_PLA_452&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2f7bBRDVARIsAAwYBBuyt502hCQPhcRLfmacWRQGpoqLOw63rGBIfy7TI38UYtNa6OJlgeoaAnkkEALw_wcB
WE have A Stationery bike but my legs do not reach the pedals no matter what we do. I wish they made the old ones to where you just sat on it an pedaled and that was it.

Last edited by LindaS on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:21 am 

LindaS wrote:
two months ago I started keto and I guess I lost some inches doing it but no actual weight on the scale. then after a month may two pounds. I know you lose inches before pounds but I prefer to see pounds.
I changed that I do not do milk, cheese, only two eggs a day. I found that doing atkins meals once a day helps me.
In July I was 176 now almost two months later scale finally is moving and I am down to 166 , with keto I could not eat all that fat. I found out what fat, ;protein and carbs work for me.Hopeing that by my birthday the first week of october I can be down 12 pounds or more.
I am doing set ups with the thing I have https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/core-max-total-body-training-system-18edhucrmxxxxxxxxeac/18edhucrmxxxxxxxxeac?camp=CSE:DSG_pg103542_ecom_PLA_452&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2f7bBRDVARIsAAwYBBuyt502hCQPhcRLfmacWRQGpoqLOw63rGBIfy7TI38UYtNa6OJlgeoaAnkkEALw_wcB
WE have A Stationery bike but my legs do not reach the pedals no matter what we do. I wish they made the old ones to where you just sat on it an pedaled and that was it.

with what I am eating three meaLS AND two snacks, no fruit potaotes, no starches, I am full.
email me your email please
Lindas1951@gmail.com

My best friend and her dh just started keto. He needs to lose about 100 lb and she has about 30 to lose. She's just retired and has been having company stop in that's used up their groceries. She said she's already spent september's grocery money and still has her in-laws coming for a week! I wonder if they'll go off their keto-ing while company is there.

Three meals and 2 snacks sounds doable! :)

I'm starting a new thing - it's an alkaline diet. I'm just hoping to feel better. I've been doing some low-carb eating but i'm just getting heartburn so much, so tho't i'd try this one. It's one i haven't been on before! :mrgreen:

I sent you my email.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:22 am 

as for your friend till their budget money comes around they can buy eggs thin sliced chicken pork rinds a large roast to last a week, broccoli. turkey bacon.
I wish them luck on keto, it was too too much fat. for me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:29 pm 

Thanks Linda! I'll pass that on. Eggs can be a lifesaver - cheap protein!!! :)

I've commented to her that it's the low-carb that does "ketosis". High fat is more of a hook, imho. People like the high fats - IF they can handle it. I'm with you - TOO MUCH FAT!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:03 pm 

I lost your email please send it again

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:01 pm 

LindaS wrote:
I lost your email please send it again

Done.