It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: We're so funny!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:27 pm 

We had to go out of town yesterday - down into the hot valley an hour away. bleh While there, we were going to go out for breakfast - or brunch, i guess.

Anyways, when we got home, dh couldn't find his phone. That's not unusual. We started the typical search. It was going straight to voicemail so no opportunity to "listen for it". We finally called the place we'd gone for brunch and they hadn't seen it. :? Hmmm.

We searched some more. We checked out how to "find my iphone" and never figured it out.

Our cell phone provider has a deal on the phone that you can call 611 and be directly connected to someone to help you. Dh called that and got 911! :shock: He apologized profusely and then very carefully called 6 - 1 - 1. He got 911 again! He again apologized and explained about the phone thing. About 10 minutes later a cop rings the doorbell to check on things. :mrgreen: Again, i explain what happened.

Dh prayed for God's help in finding it since we'd done all we knew to do for the moment.

Giving up for the time being, we went our separate ways. A little later, dh was sitting in the chair i set up for him after his stroke. He happened to notice his phone! In my quick "moving things to dust" i had set a BOWL on TOP of the phone!!! Too weird that i couldn't tell!!! AND, dh had picked up that bowl wondering why i had set it there and then PUT IT BACK DOWN ON TOP OF THE PHONE!!!!! He never noticed it there either!!!

In our defense, the bowl was on a little under-shelf thing, not on the top of the table.

Now our question is, why was it going directly to voicemail? After he found it i called it again so we could try to figure it out and it rang! :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Post subject: Re: We're so funny!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:51 pm 

Funny, growing up we never 'lost' the phone. It was always in the kitchen on the wall. Just another reason how technology has not made our life easier. Dh has a clip on his belt where his phone is cradled, he uses a bluetooth (earphone/microphone thingy), or else he would always be misplacing it.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Post subject: Re: We're so funny!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:26 am 

Briva wrote:
Funny, growing up we never 'lost' the phone. It was always in the kitchen on the wall. Just another reason how technology has not made our life easier. Dh has a clip on his belt where his phone is cradled, he uses a bluetooth (earphone/microphone thingy), or else he would always be misplacing it.

Oh, i could rant about how technology has made things more difficult in many ways! Other things are *easier* but i'm not sure they're improved exactly.

I did see a kinda cool thing today - a bracelet you wear while swimming. If you can't surface for some reason, assuming you can still use the device, you deploy it and it blows a balloon kind of thing that takes you to the surface. 8-) One girl's balloon went a foot or so above the water - hmmmmm.