It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Where's Linda?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:35 am 

I haven't seen her around for a bit.

Post subject: Re: Where's Linda?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:19 pm 

I am here,
We had a cold front come through yesterday evening and it thundered and lightning from 8pm till after midnight. I kid you not. and loud .
this morning we have what I call winter clouds, dark gray low and just hanging there .
It is nice and cool.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:26 pm 

LindaS wrote:
I am here,
We had a cold front come through yesterday evening and it thundered and lightning from 8pm till after midnight. I kid you not. and loud .
this morning we have what I call winter clouds, dark gray low and just hanging there .
It is nice and cool.

Sitting here in 90 degree heat at 9:30 in the morning, i ENVY YOU!!!! :lol: We're supposed to have a cold front come thru tonight and i can't wait!

Thunder and lightning for HOURS! WOW! We usually get a boom or two and it's gone. I like a good storm if there's no fire worry. Did you get rain with it?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:32 pm 

yes rain and we need it. but that thunder and lightning was like we were being bombed . at least no hail. school starts here next week, we are suppose to have storms off and on all this next week.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:10 am 

LindaS wrote:
yes rain and we need it. but that thunder and lightning was like we were being bombed . at least no hail. school starts here next week, we are suppose to have storms off and on all this next week.

WOW! Well, bombing would be a little disconcerting!!!!! :shock: Glad you got some rain with it.

I waited all day, checking the temps regularly, for it to drop to the 80's. The highest i saw was 107 and now, at 9pm, it is finally 80. Tonight should be more comfortable sleeping. We are pretty spoiled in that our nights almost always cool off. That's good for me since i'm always hot.

Seems like the east coast starts school the earliest and then the middle states and finally us! Weird. Maybe that's not exactly true but it seems like it.

My 3rd grandchild graduates next week! (A year early!) She just wanted OUT of the school system so took classes 2 summers to get out sooner.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:41 pm 

LindaS wrote:
..but that thunder and lightning was like we were being bombed...

We got that the other day. I was in the kitchen and saw the flash of lightning out the front window, then the explosive thunder. Our cat was napping in the window and bolted to the floor and across the room at the same time my son, who was napping in his room, gets up and says he thinks something hit the roof. No. Just the thunder.

Yes, Linda, the rain has been nice. My lawn is green again.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:23 am 

Briva wrote:
LindaS wrote:
..but that thunder and lightning was like we were being bombed...

We got that the other day. I was in the kitchen and saw the flash of lightning out the front window, then the explosive thunder. Our cat was napping in the window and bolted to the floor and across the room at the same time my son, who was napping in his room, gets up and says he thinks something hit the roof. No. Just the thunder.

Yes, Linda, the rain has been nice. My lawn is green again.

WOW! :lol: :lol: :lol: