It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Back to school...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:36 am 
Site Owner

Well, tomorrow is the first day for teachers. SIGH. I'm SO glad that I homeschooled my kids! Classrooms are not great places...

Post subject: Re: Back to school...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:52 am 

Has school always started so early back east? Ours generally start around Labor Day. Then we have the county fair that so many kids are involved with that they don't really "do" school those days. So, those 180 days that are so mandatory just means they are AT the school that many days. ;)

I'm glad i homeschooled, also. One of the things i disliked when the grands were in the school (living with us) was working around their schedule. I am thankful that our school was gracious in working with us. We'd take the kids out for trips to the hospital or fishing or just cuz and there were no questions asked. Well, they had to ask if the student was "sick" to watch for symptoms of others at school. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:09 pm 

I'm VERY grateful not to have to hassle with the school schedule. We saw the local kids (public & private) walking around in their uniforms today. Seemed very depressing mid-summer. (Even tho we GO thru the summer, it seems way different to me! I pointed out to DD that SHE is goofing off today, while her neighbors are working (since she always notices the reverse situation)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:56 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
I'm VERY grateful not to have to hassle with the school schedule. We saw the local kids (public & private) walking around in their uniforms today. Seemed very depressing mid-summer. (Even tho we GO thru the summer, it seems way different to me! I pointed out to DD that SHE is goofing off today, while her neighbors are working (since she always notices the reverse situation)

And the school's get to count "school days" for the kids showing up whereas homeschoolers are supposed to only count days they DO school? Hmmm.

This would've been a good day to "homeschool" - in front of the a/c! Too hot to go out and do anything else! :ugeek: