It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:41 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: So sad.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:49 pm 

I come here to say something and then........ what was it i was going to say? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Last night i began my first sweep thru the bedroom. I am getting rid of long-held-onto things that i've not used in years. When things get harder to throw out, i quit. I cleared off 6 surfaces!!! Stacks of movies and books and papers mostly.

I don't want to "reinvent the wheel" so i will go thru papers more carefully. My goal is to only keep that which i LOVE or that which i know to be useful.

I generally "decorate" with the things that come my way. I'm iffy on whether to keep doing that or get things on purpose that i love. The problem is, we have animals and kids around. :? With the new dog here my new rug is now chewed. sigh

Anyways, that's what i'm up to. I don't know if that's what i planned on saying when i checked in, tho'. :ugeek:

Post subject: Re: So sad.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:05 pm 

I was just thinking about that. Getting rid of stuff. Before my parents sold their home they had each of us pick out what we wanted. Their way of downsizing. I am still miffed my mom sold all the Christmas stuff without letting us know. Maybe that's what prompted the invitation for us to raid the rest of the stuff, lol. What us kids didn't want, she passed on to other relatives. My 2nd cousin has my parents dining room set. They just kept a small dinette set that would be easy to move and fit in a small apt.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Post subject: Re: So sad.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:45 pm 

Briva wrote:
I was just thinking about that. Getting rid of stuff. Before my parents sold their home they had each of us pick out what we wanted. Their way of downsizing. I am still miffed my mom sold all the Christmas stuff without letting us know. Maybe that's what prompted the invitation for us to raid the rest of the stuff, lol. What us kids didn't want, she passed on to other relatives. My 2nd cousin has my parents dining room set. They just kept a small dinette set that would be easy to move and fit in a small apt.

Yeah - i messed up, too. I had already told my oldest dgd she could have a specific book but when dgd #3 was here last year she asked if she could have it. I forgot about dgd #1 wanting it and gave it to #3. OUCH. :(

Now it's just "first come first serve" and i aint makin' no promises. If you don't bother to come see ME and get what you want then i guess it's up for grabs! (Not that i should have given #3 the book.) :(