It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Wax the floor...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:26 pm 

I need to wax the livingroom floor but we're going to have the room painted. Should i wait til it's painted? Or would paint drips come off easier from the waxed floor? (Well, ideally there wouldn't be any drips, right?!) :lol:

Post subject: Re: Wax the floor...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:46 pm 

Last time I waxed was 1989, Painting? 1984. Never done both together. I'm no help.

I can only advise that I wouldn't be so ambitious, if I were you ; )

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:07 pm 

I would wax it first, still make sure you put down dropcloths. Dh likes to 'spray paint' not use rollers or brushes. I hate that because the particles go flying everywhere they don't just plop on the floor. To this day my piano is covered in micro-particles of paint. The outside windows of our house in TX had micro-particles of paint, ugh.

So what color? Trim? How exciting. I liked the colors in this house. I just washed the walls. Eventually I will repaint. Living room is vanilla ice cream, bedroom is orange creamsicle. Okay the kitchen and baths are a loud aqua, those have to go.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:19 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
Last time I waxed was 1989, Painting? 1984. Never done both together. I'm no help.

I can only advise that I wouldn't be so ambitious, if I were you ; )

The livingroom has only gotten halfway painted - twice! LOL It's two different (similar) colors and there's some water and smoke damage. This will probably be the last time it ever gets painted while we are here.

We have a black tile floor and i've left it alone except for that one time. I tried a spot with wax and, unfortunately, really like it! :roll: I only do it once every couple of years. (Who am i kidding, i think i've done it twice - ever.) :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:21 pm 

Briva wrote:
I would wax it first, still make sure you put down dropcloths. Dh likes to 'spray paint' not use rollers or brushes. I hate that because the particles go flying everywhere they don't just plop on the floor. To this day my piano is covered in micro-particles of paint. The outside windows of our house in TX had micro-particles of paint, ugh.

So what color? Trim? How exciting. I liked the colors in this house. I just washed the walls. Eventually I will repaint. Living room is vanilla ice cream, bedroom is orange creamsicle. Okay the kitchen and baths are a loud aqua, those have to go.

We'll paint a very generic warm off-white. I have no clue about the trim at this point. It blends in to the kitchen so need to match both - probably a "thick cream" white? blah