It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Oh, how awful am i?!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:08 pm 

Mom spent the night in ICU for observation and i am *SO* enjoying being home absolutely ALONE!

Dh just left with the dog and i already have the dishwasher going and the trash emptied. I need to sweep and mop the floor and dust. But what i REALLY want to get done is some cleaning in mom's bathroom and bedroom!!! I've also picked up a lot of kleenex mom's left lying around! What's up with that? :?

I switched out the blue "winter lights" with red and multi-colored for February. I really enjoy seeing the lights in the windows when i come home from work or any time i've been out at night. (I notice i'm not the only one that still has lights up!) :mrgreen:

I don't even want to call the hospital to see how things are going for fear she'll say to come in. :cry:

Post subject: Re: Oh, how awful am i?!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:20 pm 

Well, you have taken on more than I would have courage to do - so don't feel too bad if you're tired : )

Maybe this just means that you need to schedule a proper break for yourself. Burnout is pretty natural with caring for family members who aren't well for an extended period of time. (((Hugs)))

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:49 pm 

Ah, a respite :)
I have just applied for a job to do just that, give caregivers a day of respite. Our area has a low unemployment level. There are 'now hiring' signs everywhere.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:26 pm 

That is a wonderful idea - giving caregivers a respite! :)

But i'm not there yet. It's my own personal problem that i have with not ever being alone. I even want the DOG gone, if possible! Having anybody in my house, whether they are needing me or completely ignoring me, doesn't get it. I have a mental and/or emotional need to be *home alone*. That is when i re-charge. It's not that i work hard or anything. ;) I could not be an important person that has people around all the time!!!!!