It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: When doctor's don't return calls.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:18 pm 

:evil: Mom called the doctor on monday, for a change, instead of waiting til friday afternoon!!!!! She just needs a referral to a doctor that can do a pacemaker. She doesn't need an appointment with her regular doctor, just the referral. It's wednesday afternoon and still no answer.

What can you do besides make a nuisance of yourself?!

Post subject: Re: When doctor's don't return calls.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:52 pm 

Make a nuisance of yourself!

I used to work in a doctor's office - and some other office settings. They're busy - they just spend their days "putting out fires."

Call this afternoon, be pleasant, say you haven't heard back, and pleasantly say something like, "If I haven't gotten a call back from you, I'll check back with you around 10:30 tomorrow A.M." - very pleasantly. and do it. Make sure you don't call during lunch or right after it - or right when they open - too hectic. . If they don't have an answer for you then, do the same thing again. You can offer them reassurances like "I don't want to be a nuisance, I'm just really *worried* about my Mom." And then make a total, really sweet, pest of yourself till you get action : )

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:02 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
Make a nuisance of yourself!

I used to work in a doctor's office - and some other office settings. They're busy - they just spend their days "putting out fires."

Call this afternoon, be pleasant, say you haven't heard back, and pleasantly say something like, "If I haven't gotten a call back from you, I'll check back with you around 10:30 tomorrow A.M." - very pleasantly. and do it. Make sure you don't call during lunch or right after it - or right when they open - too hectic. . If they don't have an answer for you then, do the same thing again. You can offer them reassurances like "I don't want to be a nuisance, I'm just really *worried* about my Mom." And then make a total, really sweet, pest of yourself till you get action : )

Thank you! It helps knowing you've been on their end. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:13 pm 

Believe me, the really ANNOYING ones are those who call and say, "I called and left a message, but no one ever called me back!" and you ask, "When did you call?" and they say "April" in AUGUST! (no kidding, I've had it happen) :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:44 pm 

My mom had a test done and called for two weeks trying to get the results. They kept saying the doctor hadnt read it yet, and they'd call her back "tomorrow". You know, tomorrow never comes! She finally found out yesterday (nearly 3 weeks later) that the test was clear. Its aggravating and stressful.
They never never never call back.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:01 pm 

Remember the Parable of the Persistent Widow
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2018:1-8

It pays to nag. I mean . . . .remind ; )