It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Contagious?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:02 pm 

Okay - question for y'all.

If the doctor says, "You're not contagious" - how much do you trust his opinion?

I've repeatedly been told that "don't be around people until the fever is gone for 24 hours" prevents contagion. But, I cannot find any proof that this opinion has any basis in any sort of science or research.

I'm kinda tired of people coughing all over me and saying "Don't worry - the doctor says I'm not contagious" only to have me show up with a cough a few days later.

What do y'all think? Do you trust when doctors give their contagion verdict? Do you know of any research that supports the "it's not contagious" theory?

Post subject: Re: Contagious?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:00 pm 

Well, no, i don't know of any research nor do i trust doctor's opinions. ;) I think the answer is "it depends".

My "boss" at work has been coughing, sneezing, and been generally miserable for a month now. I've been dreading getting it but i haven't. Is that because she's "not contagious"? Is it because i have a strong immune system? A bit of both? I dunno!

Post subject: Re: Contagious?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:50 pm 

A cough that is from hay fever.. No not contagious.. But a fever and cough. I would bet dollars to doughnuts that the cough IS contagious after the fever has passed.

So, my answer is: it depends on what illness they have. The cough is a symptom of somethimg.. Getting to what that is determines my belief in how contagious they are.