It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Plans for Thanksgiving?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:43 pm 

It seems ours is going to be a bit different this year - well, EVERY year is different around here - no TRADITIONS!

Ds has the day off so he'll use it to roof our house!!! Now THAT is something to be THANKFUL for!

Post subject: Re: Plans for Thanksgiving?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:43 pm 

Every other year my wife, her kids, her grandkids, and because two of her daughters are polygamous, maybe a couple of sister wives and their kids, all get together for Thanksgiving. There are about 50 of us. Preparations are difficult, due to food allergies that run through the family and my daughters' preference to eat vegan.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:27 pm 

Scott Bryce wrote:
Every other year my wife, her kids, her grandkids, and because two of her daughters are polygamous, maybe a couple of sister wives and their kids, all get together for Thanksgiving. There are about 50 of us. Preparations are difficult, due to food allergies that run through the family and my daughters' preference to eat vegan.

FIFTY! WOW! :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:08 pm 

Its going to be a challenge here, the stove has one working burner and no oven. I do have a large toaster oven, but no way big enough for a big bird. Maybe dh can try to fry a bird outside or we will do a turkey breast. Hey, I can cut it up like a chicken and shake and bake it :) It will be dh, me and ds, so far.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:24 pm 

I have no idea. I thought we had our plans set, but beings we are who we are, those plans are being changed every other day.

We MUST have drama. Must we always have drama?

:roll:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:29 pm 

Briva wrote:
Its going to be a challenge here, the stove has one working burner and no oven. I do have a large toaster oven, but no way big enough for a big bird. Maybe dh can try to fry a bird outside or we will do a turkey breast. Hey, I can cut it up like a chicken and shake and bake it :) It will be dh, me and ds, so far.

I made a turkey bre ast one year in the slow cooker - people said it was good (of course *I* wouldn't know ;) )

And, one year I got a Butterball pre-cooked smoked turkey that was well received. Just heat & serve. I imagine you could just heat part of it if you needed to.

And, when we were kids one year my sister made cornish hens (and everything else!) in the wood stove! :geek: I was stunned that she did so well :o