It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:10 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Getting a recipe from a closed restaurant?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:22 pm
Posts: 7799
Hmmm. Anybody know how to go about getting a recipe from a restaurant that has closed its doors?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Getting a recipe from a closed restaurant?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:19 pm
Posts: 3943
Location: NE Central Texas
google "restaurant recipes" see what you get.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Getting a recipe from a closed restaurant?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:22 pm
Posts: 7799
LindaS wrote:
google "restaurant recipes" see what you get.


Seems to be for chain restaurants/franchises. I want one from a local restaurant that closed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Getting a recipe from a closed restaurant?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:14 pm
Posts: 7067
Local Restaurants' recipes are often family secrets kept by the owner.

I would look up the owner
https://www.sos.wa.gov/corps/

And contact him or her, and ask if they're willing to share

(if they weren't incorporated, the same site has listings for other types of businesses : )

_________________
http://stuffedveggies.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Getting a recipe from a closed restaurant?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:22 pm
Posts: 7799
Anna1111 wrote:
Local Restaurants' recipes are often family secrets kept by the owner.

I would look up the owner
https://www.sos.wa.gov/corps/

And contact him or her, and ask if they're willing to share

(if they weren't incorporated, the same site has listings for other types of businesses : )


The name is Basillios but it didn't come up in my search. Where else would i look to find the owner? Would the Chamber of Commerce know?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Getting a recipe from a closed restaurant?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:14 pm
Posts: 7067
If his name is Basillios, look online for the directory of the local Greek Orthodox Church!

If he was licensed, his listing should be SOMEWHERE on the SOS site.

(What's the name of the restaurant? I might be able to help you search online : )

_________________
http://stuffedveggies.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Getting a recipe from a closed restaurant?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:14 pm
Posts: 7067
Was it in Pullman?
http://www.basiliospullman.com/

I'm finding a guy named Lewis Reed as the contact person
https://www.sos.wa.gov/corps/search_results.aspx?search_type=simple&criteria=all&name_type=starts_with&name=Basilio%27s&ubi=

Does that help?

_________________
http://stuffedveggies.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Getting a recipe from a closed restaurant?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:22 pm
Posts: 7799
Anna1111 wrote:
Was it in Pullman?
http://www.basiliospullman.com/

I'm finding a guy named Lewis Reed as the contact person
https://www.sos.wa.gov/corps/search_results.aspx?search_type=simple&criteria=all&name_type=starts_with&name=Basilio%27s&ubi=

Does that help?


You are AMAZING!!!!! :o Yes, it was in Pullman! So, i have a name. Hmmm. Now what? LOL One report says a Lewis Reed is now the manager at Little Caesar! Could that be him? Ouch!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Getting a recipe from a closed restaurant?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:14 pm
Posts: 7067
Sounds almost certain!

We LOVE Little Caesar's here! : )

Maybe you should just drop by LC & ask when he'll be in, so you can chat with him : )

_________________
http://stuffedveggies.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Getting a recipe from a closed restaurant?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:14 pm
Posts: 7067
Sis wrote:
Anna1111 wrote:
Was it in Pullman?
http://www.basiliospullman.com/

I'm finding a guy named Lewis Reed as the contact person
https://www.sos.wa.gov/corps/search_results.aspx?search_type=simple&criteria=all&name_type=starts_with&name=Basilio%27s&ubi=

Does that help?


You are AMAZING!!!!! :o


You're very sweet :)

But, as much as I'd like to buy into that theory ;) - in reality, I just had to be trained to find this kind of info back-in-the-day (ya know, when I *worked* for a living, instead of loafing around the house eating bonbons :mrgreen: )

_________________
http://stuffedveggies.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Theme designed by stylerbb.net © 2008
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]